Milbrn

Local time
Today, 02:11
First Name
Brian
My Ride
04 Thunderbird sport
Greetings,
On my 2nd Triumph .Dumb luck resulted in trading my first bike in after it had tank rust issues & resulting carb problems in 2004. Dealer worked the numbers and i ended up with a cheaper and much better bike in my thinking. Can anyone confirm the production numbers ( units made/imported to the US)? 2004/05 was the last year but over the years I've had issues with parts distributors telling me no such thing as a 04 TSB sport. Wrong!
Mine came with the pillion seat,swept pipe's and fly screen .black and yellow paint. Got to love the look. Having just moved to Texas I'm required to have light on my plate. Did the original taillights have one with the dual seat? I'm thinking my taillight was changed to accommodate the single seat but looks stock to me.
Any help or even pointing me in the right direction would be great thanks
B

Hi Brian and WELCOMEsorry not familiar with your specific model but loads of help on here.
A member with the answer will be along shortly.Enjoy your T bird.

Brian, :y151:andWELCOMEto the forum from across the pond, any chance you could give us some pictures, it might help us to help you.

IMG_20170414_172730.jpg
Here she is.
IMG_20170414_172846.jpg IMG_20170414_172836.jpg
This is the area in question. To pass state inspection the plate has to be illuminated. I kinda rigged a flashlight ( torch) & the inspected had a since of humor. Nothing close to what you have to deal with i understand . MOT insp isint it?. Just can't believe that at one time it didn't have the tag lit up. Not many dealerships near me & after the bike is 10 years old unless you want to trade it in are not much help ( @$225 for a air box for example) .
Thanks for any info and/or thoughts
B

Attachments

• IMG_20170414_172846.jpg
    IMG_20170414_172846.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20170414_172836.jpg
    IMG_20170414_172836.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20170414_172730.jpg
    IMG_20170414_172730.jpg
    481 KB · Views: 1
Welcome from Eastern Canada.
Don"t know about your bike and if it came with one stock.
You can always rig up a temporary one for the inspection, and find a permanent one to your liking if you go that route.
Enjoy your ride.

You can always rig up a temporary one for the inspection, and find a permanent one to your liking if you go that route.
Enjoy your ride.
Enjoy your ride.
Howdy,
Picked up a couple of LED lighted license plate stud bolts should work. Couple of wire tap connectors ,shrink tubing , moderate case of turrets no problems. Hate electrical stuff its magic .just curious to the original set up. Hoped your having nice enough weather in the Great White North to get some ridding in.
Be safe
B

Brian,you have done what I was thinking,pair of small LED's I reckon would be fine.
Add anything bulkier to that rear end would make it look too crowded.
Cracking looking bike by the way,love the color.

Brian the bike looks very nice all round and welcome to our forum BBEER

E
Thanks ! What a great reference site. Someplace I have the shop manual ( recently moved and the garage has eaten it for now). This is more model specific . As I mentioned before in the past I've had problems getting parts . dealerships selling multiple brands and if your bike isn't new or their biggest seller they weren't very interested.
Thanks again for the info .hopefully won't need any parts but now have a alternative source.
Happy Holiday.
B

Brian the bike looks very nice all round and welcome to our forum BBEER
Thank you sir,
Let me complement you on such a fantastic forum I've been looking around - useful info, actual adults with relevant posts and nobody telling me to get a Harley or that their yamaguche Japanese 9000 is faster and can do a better wheelie!
Happy Holliday's,
B

Thank you sir,
Let me complement you on such a fantastic forum I've been looking around - useful info, actual adults with relevant posts and nobody telling me to get a Harley or that their yamaguche Japanese 9000 is faster and can do a better wheelie!
Happy Holliday's,
B
Well pleased that you're liking the forum Brian, we're a friendly bunch here. We'll always where possible, try to help anyone out that needs it. All we hope is that you like the forum enough to contribute to it.
Hope you're having a good Easter too.

Thank you sir,
Happy Holliday's,
B
Hello and welcome to the forum from another north eastern Canadian BBEER
Thanks for the kind comments TUP
We're a mature bunch here with a great sense of humor, quick to help if we can, and you will find none of that nonsense you mentioned.
Everyone is civil and respectful and we don't put up with any crap.
We look forward to your posts and interaction. Don't be shy, jump right in as you have already done TUP
Enjoy the forum.

We really do have a great bunch of members always willing to help out if they can.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom