Sundance

Riding for 1 Month
Local time
Today, 12:34
First Name
Brian
My Ride
formerly Bultaco Pursang and 2009 BMW K1300S
Tachometer and Speedometer: I bought a mini tach and speedo that I have installed on my 1969 T120R. These are from Lowbrow and I thought they would work OK. However, the standard Triumph tach cable does not work with this - the standard cable has a square male fitting and these mini instruments need a round cable fitting. So I am wondering if anyone has used something like this before? Is there an adapter available to make these work on my 1969 tack drive and speedo drive? Any comments are appreciated.IMG_3305.jpegIMG_3306.jpeg

grandpaul

Old Bike Lover
Riding for 52 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 11:34
My Ride
2000 Legend 900 Triple, 1969 Bonneville vintage roadracer
Tachometer and Speedometer: I bought a mini tach and speedo that I have installed on my 1969 T120R. These are from Lowbrow and I thought they would work OK. However, the standard Triumph tach cable does not work with this - the standard cable has a square male fitting and these mini instruments need a round cable fitting. So I am wondering if anyone has used something like this before? Is there an adapter available to make these work on my 1969 tack drive and speedo drive? Any comments are appreciated.View attachment 52574View attachment 52575
The cable drive MUST have a profile, a round cable cannot work, it would just spin.

Too bad they don't align "vertically" as far as the faces...

Sundance

Riding for 1 Month
Local time
First Name
Brian
My Ride
The initial opening is round, but there is some kind of feature for the cable to impinge upon, it is just not clear from the photo, seems to be a flat of some kind.

Sundance

Riding for 1 Month
Local time
First Name
Brian
My Ride
On the chance that I cannot get my “mini” tach and speedo to work with this bike . . . are there any other options for instruments rather than the original or replica smiths items? Thank for any help.

grandpaul

Old Bike Lover
Riding for 52 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 11:34
My Ride
2000 Legend 900 Triple, 1969 Bonneville vintage roadracer
On the chance that I cannot get my “mini” tach and speedo to work with this bike . . . are there any other options for instruments rather than the original or replica smiths items? Thank for any help.
No other options that I know of, without drive ratio issues...

suzook12

Riding for 41 Years
Local time
Today, 17:34
My Ride
TR6
Yes, there are other options, you can also get electronic mini tachs that run from the positive of #1 coil, or you could source the right cable for the job, try asking the supplier.....

Sundance

Riding for 1 Month
Local time
First Name
Brian
My Ride
Yes, there are other options, you can also get electronic mini tachs that run from the positive of #1 coil, or you could source the right cable for the job, try asking the supplier.....
Got it, thanks.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom