Riding for 245 Years
Local time
Today, 01:31
First Name
kevin
My Ride
T120
hey

want a thumper project? i have a seized 1969 BSA starfire for sale, 250cc, numbers matching. missing some easy parts but most everything is there. i bought it from todd at lowbrow customs in america. he had been going to fix and sell it but i told him i was looking for an easy thumper project for the kids so he sold me this.

SNng7hYl.jpg

E0jTGbyl.jpg

hzqMCONl.jpg

you can see from the pictures what is missing: front fender, muffler, passenger pegs, air cleaner assembly. easy stuff. also th eright side side cover, which might be harder. these things are pretty popular and a well-sorted example typically goes for around US$3500 around where i live.

the motor is seized and i have been soaking the piston in a mixture of acetone and ATF for about two years now. everything else is present but i do not know any more abnout the internals.

clear ohio title in my name,

US$500, which is what i paid for it. not enthiusiastic about shipping-- come and get it.

grandpaul

Old Bike Lover
Riding for 52 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 00:31
My Ride
2000 Legend 900 Triple, 1969 Bonneville vintage roadracer
the motor is seized and i have been soaking the piston in a mixture of acetone and ATF for about two years now. everything else is present but i do not know any more about the internals.

US$500, which is what i paid for it. not enthiusiastic about shipping-- come and get it.
Hey, just a (perhaps) happy insider tip - my 441 (almost identical bike) was "frozen", too. When I removed the primary cover, the chain was rusted frozen! I shouldn't have even had to pull the top end, but I did a total overhaul. "you never know"...

$500 is an excellent price, all the expensive stuff is there.

speedrattle

Riding for 245 Years
Local time
Today, 01:31
First Name
kevin
My Ride
T120
i havent even popped the cap to look at the primary chain

im in east central ohio, btw, just on the west side of the ohio river

tobyb

Riding for 48 Years
Local time
Today, 16:31
First Name
Toby
My Ride
020 Street Twin
i havent even popped the cap to look at the primary chain

im in east central ohio, btw, just on the west side of the ohio river
I had a similar issue with a T140 a few years ago and the stator was loosing it's insulation from siting and was jamming the primary chain

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom