speedrattle

Local time
Today, 00:38
First Name
kevin
My Ride
some T120s, some A65s, commando, B44, and so on
hey

want a thumper project? i have a seized 1969 BSA starfire for sale, 250cc, numbers matching. missing some easy parts but most everything is there. i bought it from todd at lowbrow customs in america. he had been going to fix and sell it but i told him i was looking for an easy thumper project for the kids so he sold me this.

SNng7hYl.jpg

E0jTGbyl.jpg

hzqMCONl.jpg

you can see from the pictures what is missing: front fender, muffler, passenger pegs, air cleaner assembly. easy stuff. also th eright side side cover, which might be harder. these things are pretty popular and a well-sorted example typically goes for around US$3500 around where i live.

the motor is seized and i have been soaking the piston in a mixture of acetone and ATF for about two years now. everything else is present but i do not know any more abnout the internals.

clear ohio title in my name,

US$500, which is what i paid for it. not enthiusiastic about shipping-- come and get it.

the motor is seized and i have been soaking the piston in a mixture of acetone and ATF for about two years now. everything else is present but i do not know any more about the internals.

US$500, which is what i paid for it. not enthiusiastic about shipping-- come and get it.
Hey, just a (perhaps) happy insider tip - my 441 (almost identical bike) was "frozen", too. When I removed the primary cover, the chain was rusted frozen! I shouldn't have even had to pull the top end, but I did a total overhaul. "you never know"...

$500 is an excellent price, all the expensive stuff is there.

i havent even popped the cap to look at the primary chain

im in east central ohio, btw, just on the west side of the ohio river

i havent even popped the cap to look at the primary chain

im in east central ohio, btw, just on the west side of the ohio river
I had a similar issue with a T140 a few years ago and the stator was loosing it's insulation from siting and was jamming the primary chain

still available

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom