1969 T100R Shifter Return Springs And Buttons

Llarka

Local time
Today, 07:09
First Name
Louie
My Ride
1969 T120R, 1967 T120, 1969 T100R, 1998 harley softail, 2015 harley ultra limited
I am restoring a 1969 T100R and can’t find an exploded view of the shifter return springs and spacers. Any help would be appreciated

Unfortunately, that link shows the gearbox itself and the inner cover;

shifter return springs and spacers
... are in the outer cover, which I cannot find in Draganfly's index?

If you have a parts catalogue, shifter return springs and spacers are on pages 34/35, "Gearbox Outer Cover and Levers"; if you do not have a parts catalogue, it is (should be) available brand-new, from the same dealer where you buy the spares. Also available to read online.

Unfortunately, that link shows the gearbox itself and the inner cover;

... are in the outer cover, which I cannot find in Draganfly's index?

If you have a parts catalogue, shifter return springs and spacers are on pages 34/35, "Gearbox Outer Cover and Levers"; if you do not have a parts catalogue, it is (should be) available brand-new, from the same dealer where you buy the spares. Also available to read online.
Rudie,

I found the outer cover, going through "the back door", not the index (mostly by luck): Gear box outer cover.

The springs are part number 59 in the drawing and list. I need help to fund the spacers, though.

Should I look further to find the same from a North American site?

Gear box outer cover.

The springs are part number 59 in the drawing and list. I need help to fund the spacers,
Depends on the year of the bike. The Draganfly page is unnecessarily confusing.

The drawing on the right of the page applies from 57 (the first 21/3TA) to the end of 63 (with the four spring clutch). The drawing on the left of the webpage applies from 64 (with the three spring clutch).

Aside, I think Draganfly have put "-69" because the 70-74 500 parts books show Unified threaded parts; however, in reality, this is not true, ime Meriden continued to fit Cycle and BSF thread parts certainly to 70 500's.

So "I need help to fund ("find"?) the spacers" is confusing. As you have linked "TRIUMPH CATALOG 500 1969.pdf", the "part number 59" springs" in the Draganfly drawing and list are not for a 69.

Should I look further to find the same from a North American site?
Apart from 70, the 350/500 twin parts books are the same, certainly online.

So "I need help to fund ("find"?) the spacers" is confusing. As you have linked "TRIUMPH CATALOG 500 1969.pdf", the "part number 59" springs" in the Draganfly drawing and list are not for a 69.
Yes, I meant to type "find". Also, if I understand your critique correctly, the Draganfly drawing are not quite as accurate as you/we would like, and The Triumph Catalog 500 1969 page(s) is/are better. In this drawing the spring is part # 12, if I remember correctly, and the spacers (called distancers) are part #'s 16 & 17, on page 35 of the linked document.

Please, believe me, I am not trying to "one-up" you. Just trying to support you with accurate information, if I possibly can.

if I understand your critique correctly, the Draganfly drawing are not quite as accurate as you/we would like,
The two drawings are lifted from any of several but different Triumph parts catalogues, just putting them together on the same page has caused confusion. :(

If your bike is a 69 T100, the drawing on the right is irrelevant, as are parts #49 and higher in the list; otoh, if your bike is pre 64, the drawing on the left is irrelevant, as are most (but not all) of the parts between #1 and #48 on the list ...

The Triumph Catalog 500 1969 page(s) is/are better
... if your bike is a 69 T100 ... :sneaky:

In this drawing the spring is part # 12
(y) 2 of.

the spacers (called distancers) are part #'s 16 & 17
#16, 2 of again, have two functions:-

. they space #11 and #14 apart mounted on the #3 studs, the space between holds the #12 springs and #13 buttons;

. on the #3 studs, #16 also stop the springs and buttons being pushed out from between #11 and #14 when the #5 "Gearchange quadrant" is moved by the gear lever - #11, #14 and #16 enclose #12 and #13.

Otoh, iirc (a while since I have a 500 gearbox apart), "Distance piece" #17 fits over the #5 Gearchange quadrant's lower shaft?

Just trying to support you with accurate information, if I possibly can.
I do not use or recommend particularly the Draganfly parts listings. They are basically a good time saving idea - the user should just be able to click on a part and the website makes up the order from the clicks. However, the basic good idea is messed up by silly confusing compromises like this webpage and Draganfly's generally poor stock levels, which see users clicking on parts and then being told they are not in stock, so the user has to order them from another dealer, with whom he or she might as well have placed the whole order in the first place ... :rolleyes:

Thanks so much! Was able to assemble it . And works fine

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom