1974 Suzuki Tc185

Sam

Local time
Yesterday, 22:41
First Name
Sam
My Ride
1968 Triumph Bonneville
I was asked to start a project thread with this as well. Its almost ready for the road. My boss gave it to me a couple years ago and I have collected the parts I needed a little at a time. I was able to get it running right away, but it leaked fuel out of everywhere it could, and it was sucking air as well, so I couldn't get it to idle. Her is the before pic.

wedingbikeslol050_zps208b8fe2.jpg
wedingbikeslol049_zps96deb5d7.jpg

A couple weeks ago I started getting it ready for riding. I pulled the tank and cover off, sent in a sample of the original decals to a graphic company who deals in Motorcycles, and stripped and repainted them.

100_5988_zpsa6d8e942.jpg

I then pulled off the carb and everything related, removed the floatbowl from the carb and found an almost spotless carb. So I sprayed down the carb with cleaner, made sure the float and slide were working smoothly and re-installed it along with a new spacer, gasket, boot and air filter.

100_5992_zps884c435d.jpg
100_5995_zps7ca2d499.jpg

I also got the new battery charged and installed.

100_6003_zpsa319f0a5.jpg

I then moved to the front and installed the new tire/tube/and rim strip.

100_5994_zps721f8265.jpg

I installed the new graphics tonight, but had to pull the tank and side cover to do so. When I read the instructions for the graphics, I found that they were designed to be cleared OVER. So I had to wet sand my nice new paint. lol I should have it re-cleared this weekend, and hopefully have the new tail light and rear tire installed. If you notice in the before pics, the tail light is from a trailer...

I am waiting for the new seat cover, and battery and tank hold downs to arrive. I also need to purchase new fork seals and boots, and fuel line. But its getting there !!

The colour sure has come out great by the looks of it. These really were fun bikes to ride and remember seeing many of them on the road at the time.

Love the colour TUP

I really like that tank color. Nice work. TUP

What a nifty little ding-ding. I always wanted one. Well, I was actually torn between that one and the Yamaha 175 Enduro...

Thanks guys !

Paul, when I was young, a good friend had a Yamaha IT175, That was an awesome bike.

This is what my brother's bike looked like-

yamahaenduro580.jpg

That is sweet !

Excellent work and a great bike. I have always liked those. I had the Kawasaki version back in the day......wish i had it back ...... CONGRATULATIONS!

keysdisease

Those are some sweet old bikes.

Speaking of IT's.....

This 1980 IT250 showed up today. :D100_6030_zps6d721db5.jpg

Looking mighty good, San. TUP

Sam, I hope you painted the insides of the sidecovers, and the underside of the tank, BEFORE you shot that beautiful paint job.

REALLY nice work!

Wow that paint work is looking stunning

Thanks for the kind words everyone !!

Paul, The original paint was just fine on the back sides, and anyway, its a driver not a show bike. :D

The post office was kind to me today. Snubbers for the tank and battery came in along with my seat cover ! :y2:

Ok, just about wrapped up. Seat cover, tail light, and rear tire installed.....and a bath. lol

th_100_6057_zps6dc9ecaa.jpg

th_100_6056_zps092e01dc.jpg

My 11 year old helped out also. Started up and ran very good. Needs clutch adj, maybe sticking a bit from not being used in years. Still need to dial in the carb. I am running some seafoam through it right now. Front fork seals and boots arrived yesterday. Tomorrow I will run it up and down the alley a few times. It was very quiet until a hole blew through the header. lol LOVE fixing up old bikes.

th_100_6058_zps0653d17f.jpg

That's very cool. It's done, but it'll never be DONE.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom