1998 Triumph Trophy 1200 Tripple Garage Kept Less Than 5000 Miles

Raustin91

Local time
Today, 05:00
First Name
Richard
My Ride
Triumph Trophy 1200
Good morning, I'm Richard Austin. I'm a marine stationed out of Jacksonville, Nc. When I returned from deployment my father gave me his 1998 Triumph Trophy 1200. The bike is a little to big for me and a lot more powerful than what I'm used to so sadly I'm having to sell it. My father has a build sheet on the motor apparently it has a Daytona rotating assembly swap, D&D exhaust and a few other little goodies. Currently the bike is located in Shreveport Louisiana it has been garage kept all its life. If you have any more questions please contact me at 3184158545

I will send picture upon request

Welcome to TT from Southeast Texas.

I would get shot if I brought another bike home, so I can't help take this one off your hands. I'll keep an eye out for someone looking for Trophy and refer them to you.

Thanks for your service and welcome home.

Thank you, I'm honestly not sure what to ask for this bike to be honest I've been low balled a lot. Best offer I've received was 2200 but my father swears up and down the bike is worth 7k. I may post pictures this week just to get an idea of what I should ask.

I would think 3000 would be about max. With 22000 miles I see them retail for 2500 so I would assume 3000 would be in the ball park. Good luck selling Triumphs are nice bikes.

It's worth what people are willing to pay unfortunately being the case. These are great bikes but heavy, talk and dated by comparison of what's available and what people want. Hinkley people like us know the value and life these bikes have, they are bulletproof for the most part and built like old tractors. Big heavy and made to last. They gave Triumph the reputation of quality and dependability they needed to recapture to re-enter the market for the masses. The only way to build more models was using the same chassis and architecture for many models. That held them back a little but with the 955, the tiger and the Bonnie especially they have come back on top in many ways. That 1200 is a legendary bike for torque and power. Ride it and enjoy it. Why bother selling it for peanuts, use it for the next 10 years

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom