Riding for 20 Years
Local time
Today, 03:06
First Name
Ryan
My Ride
1998 Triumph Trophy 1200
Mornin Gents,

I recently purchased a 98 Trophy 1200. By far best bike Ive ever owned. Does everything I want it to. Beats mustangs, comfy ride, handling pairs with my ability perfectly, i love it.

I already have -1/+2 sprockets and brand new chain to put on(4200RPMS at 70mph, whats fuel mileage?). That will go on during the winter when there's snow on the ground.

I have a few other questions that I am getting mixed reviews on, and I've browsed here but couldnt find any recent answers.

Suspension- Good lord is it soft... Im 240(yeah, im a fatass, i know), but holy brake dive batman!. Any suggestions on what to keep the rear shock set at? I am primarily the only rider/no passenger. The panniers may have a few pounds in them. Usually just a helmet bag, basic tools, and some microfibers.

I am looking at getting new springs for the front already, if anyone has any brands they suggest. I used RaceTech in my motocross days. From what Ive seen 100 rate springs are most common, but ive been tossing around getting 110 since im a little heavier.

Exhaust- This bike is so quiet!!! I want just a little more throatyness to it, but I cant find reasonable cans anywhere? Ive tossed around the idea of cutting the cans down a few inches, and putting in race packing, but also want to keep factory exhaust.
Ive also thought about getting a pair of 18"(6 inches shorter than factory) ebay special slip ons, and fabricating them to fit. But this bike is tuned perfectly, and I dont want to mess with the carbs.... Im afraid generic slip ons will throw it off enough to where i will need to adjust.

I live 35 miles of beautiful country roads from work, and ride this baby at least 2 days a week, and plan to right up until the dead of winter(factory heated grips ftw). Once we get snow, i plan to perform all this work to it. But we only get snow for about a month or so, then back to riding season!

Thanks Y'all!

-Ryan

Attachments

Bruh...

Riding for 20 Years
Local time
Today, 03:06
First Name
Ryan
My Ride
1998 Triumph Trophy 1200
Typo-, sprockets are +1/-2...

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Top Bottom