2004 Triumph Tiger 955i

Kidbooo

Local time
Today, 09:06
My Ride
Mumbai to Goa
Hello everyone,,
In my area, there are a few options for Wees at a few different price points (and dealing with people ranging from "gives me solid input in communications and instills confidence" to "sort of skeeves me out, but damn that bike's got all of the farkles you could ever want").
Right now, i'm leaning towards a 2004 Wee with about 66000km on the clock. The current (and only) owner was very forthcoming and quite accommodating when I went to see the bike. He has obviously taken great care of his bike - it looks fantastic ! It comes with hard bags, center stand, engine guards, a few different windscreens and a custom made aluminum storage tube mounted opposite the exhaust. Asking price is $4000.
Seems like a pretty decent deal to me.
BUT !
There is also a 2004 Triumph Tiger 955i in the area for about $6000 from the original owner. This one is farkled with pretty much everything and looks to be in even better condition than the Wee. Best part ? 18000km on the clock - barely broken in. Triumph bikes do not go up for sale in my area all that often. Tigers, less so. Tigers in (seemingly) good shape and low mileage, NEVER.
Is the Wee worth 2/3 of the Triumph ? Or, asked another way, is the Triumph Tiger 955i worth 50% more cash than the DL650 ?
I'm looking for an all-purpose bike. One that will take me to work in a completely mundane, non-dramatic way during the week (or as non-dramatic as motorcycles can ever be) and take me everywhere else on the weekends. A jack of all trades, minus heavy off-road use.
Thoughts ?

Hello and welcome to TT BBEER
Both are great choices so it probably comes down to money and what you want to pay.

Hello everyone,,
In my area, there are a few options for Wees at a few different price points (and dealing with people ranging from "gives me solid input in communications and instills confidence" to "sort of skeeves me out, but damn that bike's got all of the farkles you could ever want").
Right now, i'm leaning towards a 2004 Mobdro Lucky Patcher Kodi Wee with about 66000km on the clock. The current (and only) owner was very forthcoming and quite accommodating when I went to see the bike. He has obviously taken great care of his bike - it looks fantastic ! It comes with hard bags, center stand, engine guards, a few different windscreens and a custom made aluminum storage tube mounted opposite the exhaust. Asking price is $4000.
Seems like a pretty decent deal to me.
BUT !
There is also a 2004 Triumph Tiger 955i in the area for about $6000 from the original owner. This one is farkled with pretty much everything and looks to be in even better condition than the Wee. Best part ? 18000km on the clock - barely broken in. Triumph bikes do not go up for sale in my area all that often. Tigers, less so. Tigers in (seemingly) good shape and low mileage, NEVER.
Is the Wee worth 2/3 of the Triumph ? Or, asked another way, is the Triumph Tiger 955i worth 50% more cash than the DL650 ?
I'm looking for an all-purpose bike. One that will take me to work in a completely mundane, non-dramatic way during the week (or as non-dramatic as motorcycles can ever be) and take me everywhere else on the weekends. A jack of all trades, minus heavy off-road use.
Thoughts ?
___
Exactly it comes down to money & wat we pay n gets the best QUALITY what we needed.....

WHich did you choose??

Both are great bikes-- the 955i Tiger is going to have a LOT more torque and HP than a 650 wee ---- and about the same weight

I have had an 05 955i Tiger for well....12 years now--- and I just went for a ride this morning and was grinning from ear to ear the whole time-----

doubt I would have been on the wee--- but I have a HEAVY right wrist ---- and that triple cyclinder grunt--- is always good

Triumph would be our choice, obviously. We're kind of biased like that. The Suzuki is a great bike as well. Boils down to cost. Can you get the WeeStrom serviced and parts easier than the Triumph?

Having owned 2 tigers there great bikes and very reliable durable bikes ..... ive had a dl650 as well it was a good bike but a bit dull and boring ! ... id have the tiger more money ? but a hell of a lot more bike !

I've been riding my '04 Sprint RS 955 since new and I love the motorbike! Been all over the U.S. and Canada on it and only actual breakdown was a flat rear tire in eastern CO a few years ago. The Blue Ridge Parkway in eastern U.S. is one great m/c road and the Sprint just carves up the twisties. Can't go wrong. Go for it!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom