2006 Bonneville T100 shuts down in neutral

Mike Longo

Local time
Today, 03:33
First Name
Mike
My Ride
2006 Triumph T100 Bonneville
My 2006 Triumph T100 Bonneville started shutting off when I drop it into neutral. The clutch switch, and kickstand switch as well as the neutral switch all work as intended. Only does this when engine gets to opera temperature. Anybody have a suggestion?

If you drop it into neutral while keeping the revs up (over 2000 rpm), does it still stall?

If I run the RPM at around 2000 it will stumble or perhaps miss but then it'll catch itself and continue running.
It only does it when the engine gets up to operating temperature I've ruled out the kick stand switch I just replaced the neutral switch and I ruled out the clutch switch . Is anybody have any experience with what is known as the diode pack thats in that particular circuit
If you drop it into neutral while keeping the revs up (over 2000 rpm), does it still stall?

My 2003 T100 did this sporadically, not all of the time and only when warm. It turned out to be a coil. New coils solved the problem.

Thanks for the tip, I’ll order new coils. I’m wondering if. the diode pack on this circuit could be the culprit. I think I’ll” pull the plugs and see if either side is burning as if it had a week spark.

I would definitely pull the plugs and check. But on mine, the plugs looked ok. Please let us know what solves the problem.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom