2006 Tiger 955i- electrical issues.

DaveyBoy

Local time
Today, 09:34
First Name
David
My Ride
Triumph Tiger 955i 2006
I have just replaced the battery and started the bike no problems. I disconnected the battery to connect the sat nav and charging leads. Now I only have lights, horn, indicators but no ignition lights. I suspect it may be the main fuse that has blown by possibly short circuiting it when I reconnected the battery second time around. All other fuses are ok located under the pillion seat but I cannot locate the main fuse to check. I understand it is a 30A fuse. Where is it located?

Hopefully someone that owned one of these models will be along shortly to help you out.

I presume that if the main fuse ( directly off the battery ) was blown nothing would work.

I presume that if the main fuse ( directly off the battery ) was blown nothing would work.
I was taking into a account a comment made on another forum that stated that the 'main fuse' was separate to the fuse box situated under the pillion seat. I agree one would think as you have stated.

The 30 amp main fuse is separate from the fuse box. It is mounted on the left side of the battery box, but as Linkdog said, nothing would be powered up at all if it has blown.

Trace back everything you touched. It is 99.99% there.
BTW, what are "ignition lights"?
ALSO, test the fuses with an ohm meter. Sometimes, they look ok but are not.

The 30 amp main fuse is separate from the fuse box. It is mounted on the left side of the battery box, but as Linkdog said, nothing would be powered up at all if it has blown.

Trace back everything you touched. It is 99.99% there.
BTW, what are "ignition lights"?
ALSO, test the fuses with an ohm meter. Sometimes, they look ok but are not.
The lights that appear when the key is in the 'ignition on' position. Oil lights, brake lights etc

That is on fuse #5. I don't know how you connected your charger pigtail & GPS, but it seems that you blew that fuse. Check it with an ohm meter, or if you don't have one, just try switching it out with a known good 10 amp fuse..

That is on fuse #5. I don't know how you connected your charger pigtail & GPS, but it seems that you blew that fuse. Check it with an ohm meter, or if you don't have one, just try switching it out with a known good 10 amp fuse..
Will get onto that first thing in the morning. Let you know how it goes. Thank you.

Will get onto that first thing in the morning. Let you know how it goes. Thank you.
Joy in abundance!! removed all fuses and checked. All seemed ok so replaced then and it has started. All I can think of is that I must have disturbed the fuses when putting the seat back on somehow. I don't really know what I did but it fired up straight away. Thanks for the tip.

Glad to hear it.
I love it when it's a simple fix.
As I said, there are seldom "coincidences" when you finish a job and suddenly something else doesn't work. Always retrace your steps to find out how you buggered it up.
(How do I know this?:y49: )

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom