atennessee75

Riding for 41 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 22:07
First Name
Alex
My Ride
1969 tr6 bobber 1955 preunit bobber 1964 lambrettta silver special
Hi first of all let me start by saying if I am doing somthing wrong or posting wrong let me know. This is my first time so be gentle! I found a 2007 speed triple 40 k miles excellent condition with service records. Guy is asking 2000 cash. Came down on price from 3000 . Moving so needs to sell. Does anyone know any info on the bikes. What to look for ? Is this a good deal. Ect. Thanks

shanered6

Time for adventure
Riding for 45 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 06:07
First Name
shane llywarch
My Ride
Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 ntx
Its basically the same as any other used bike and dont be put off by the milage , if its had service history the Triumph triple is capable of big miles with no problems !

atennessee75

Riding for 41 Years
Local time
First Name
Alex
My Ride
1969 tr6 bobber 1955 preunit bobber 1964 lambrettta silver special
Right on. I have been around a bike or 2 and I get leary when some hit over 35k and I didn't put the miles on. People treat there bikes like the treat there marriage,. Once they get on and get comfortable they stop putting effort into it until it's too late and by then she left you on the side of the road while some other guys cleaning her up and getting ready to take a test ride. Why is the resale so low? I expected it be closer to 3500-3800 but I was able to get it for 2 k possibly 1800...

shanered6

Time for adventure
Riding for 45 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 06:07
First Name
shane llywarch
My Ride
Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 ntx
Some times you drop lucky ! ..... the old saying if its to good to be true .. then it probably is ! ..... is usualy right but every now and then you drop lucky , i think you are the later sounds like the chap is just shedding weight to move .
And on the milage front there are plenty of 100,000 mile + bikes around , ive had 2 with north of 60,000 miles + and still running like new .

snicrep

Riding for 48 Years
Local time
Today, 00:07
First Name
George
My Ride
2013 t100
Hi first of all let me start by saying if I am doing somthing wrong or posting wrong let me know. This is my first time so be gentle! I found a 2007 speed triple 40 k miles excellent condition with service records. Guy is asking 2000 cash. Came down on price from 3000 . Moving so needs to sell. Does anyone know any info on the bikes. What to look for ? Is this a good deal. Ect. Thanks
Its their, not there. And orher people? Its brakes, not breaks. Sorry. But now you know.

crfrider

Riding for 50 Years
Local time
First Name
Chuck
My Ride
08 Speed Triple
Right on. I have been around a bike or 2 and I get leary when some hit over 35k and I didn't put the miles on. People treat there bikes like the treat there marriage,. Once they get on and get comfortable they stop putting effort into it until it's too late and by then she left you on the side of the road while some other guys cleaning her up and getting ready to take a test ride. Why is the resale so low? I expected it be closer to 3500-3800 but I was able to get it for 2 k possibly 1800...
I have the same bike, I bought from one who I know toke excellent care of it. The only think that had to be done is replace the R/R with a MOSFET R/R, because of charging issues from heat build up from the original R/R.
I also had the suspension adjusted for my weight and style of riding, twisties.
Good luck

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom