2009 Speedmaster Injectors

Keviny

Local time
Yesterday, 22:27
My Ride
2009 Speedmaster
Ok... I've acquired a 2009 EFI Speedmaster with 524 miles on it. Yes 524!
So it will turn over but not even a sputter. Just a shot of starting fluid,(I know not good) but it will fire.
I also have an identical bike, 2 months of same build date with working fuels system. So I put my tank in it, still no fuel..
So I'm thinking injectors....
What's my next step with them?
Will injectors come out the top of carb bodies, or do I have to take whole mess out?
I did connect a generic code reader to it. Only thing was ambient air pressure sensor circuit high voltage.

Last edited:
So it will turn over but not even a sputter. Just a shot of starting fluid,(I know not good) but it will fire.
I also have an identical bike, 2 months of same build date with working fuels system. So I put my tank in it, still no fuel..
Will injectors come out the top of carb bodies, or do I have to take whole mess out?
I did connect a generic code reader to it. Only thing was ambient air pressure sensor circuit high voltage.
Did it sit for a long time with fuel in it? Sounds like the injectors may be clogged because of the ethanol in the fuel. Cleaning the injectors, and replacing the fuel in the tank, should get you going again. I suggest putting 1 ounce of Lucas Oil Ethanol treatment in the tank with each fill up 1655754577336.png.

Did it sit for a long time with fuel in it? Sounds like the injectors may be clogged because of the ethanol in the fuel. Cleaning the injectors, and replacing the fuel in the tank, should get you going again. I suggest putting 1 ounce of Lucas Oil Ethanol treatment in the tank with each fill up View attachment 52568.
I would say it sat with fuel. Original owner was in military, bought new and he got hurt so it sat in his garage till bought by another individual. He started tinkering with it.
Drained tank .
New tires .
Safe start .
AI delete .
Broke a bolt and tap off in exhaust bracket.
Couldn't get to run, so he sold it.

Would you know if injectors will come out with out taking bodies out.
I'm confident it's the injectors being clogged. How would one clean them?
Never messed with any.
Thank you for your comments.

Would you know if injectors will come out with out taking bodies out.
I'm confident it's the injectors being clogged. How would one clean them?
Never messed with any.
I believe, from what I've read, the injectors can be removed alone. I've never had to do it with my carbureted bikes. I'll leave my guesses out, and let greater experience speak.

I believe, from what I've read, the injectors can be removed alone. I've never had to do it with my carbureted bikes. I'll leave my guesses out, and let greater experience speak.
Thanks
The triumph use the carb bodies for EFI throttle bodies.

Hello, I have a 2011 America, same engine (865cc air cooled), I must say I've never had this problem but, I've been working on my own vehicles since 1985. First I'd drain tank and put in fresh gas, clear the codes, then try starting again, then check codes to see if it's still there. If so, change the sensor, clear the code again, try to start. If it starts it's most likely fixed, if not... I've never used the Lucas treatments, I use Seafoam, it's never let me down on gasoline, or diesel engines. I'd pour in maybe a 1/4 - 1/2 cup of Seafoam, turn it over for about 30 sec. a couple times to get the treated fuel into the injectors, then let sit for 24 hours. Try to start it again, even if it does start, let sit 24 more. Then when/if it does it's gonna run rough at first, and smoke like a broke stove, so start it outside, then ride it till it quits smoking bike fixed. Injectors cleaned , I hope this helps.
Ps. I put a 1/4 cup of Seafoam in my bike every spring, and fall, along with Stabil in the fall. Let us know your findings. Ride safe and God bless.

Have you had any luck?

Have you had any luck?
I bought an injector tester and with some carb cleaner down the hose to both injectors, one is clicking. But the left one not. With a little air pressure down the pipe it will sputter.
Still waiting on a tank gasket to put it together.
I did find a guy in Tulsa that can clean them. Just haven't disassembled it all yet.
Had a mishap at work so a little setback.‍

Attachments

• IMG_20220702_211350 (1).jpg
    IMG_20220702_211350 (1).jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 5
God bless you and speedy
I bought an injector tester and with some carb cleaner down the hose to both injectors, one is clicking. But the left one not. With a little air pressure down the pipe it will sputter.
I did find a guy in Tulsa that can clean them. Just haven't disassembled it all yet.
God bless you, and a speedy recovery. That ain't never fun.

God bless you and speedy

God bless you, and a speedy recovery. That ain't never fun.
Thank you!
Hoping the other injector will free up with some soaking. I think I'm on the right track.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom