2011 America oil + filter

Ferret

Local time
Today, 16:12
First Name
Mick
My Ride
Triumph
Can't find anything about it on this forum :ohwell: What oil + filter would I need for filthy stinking hot weather down in OZ ? It's so hot and dry here that I sore 2 trees fighting over a dog :eek:.

You can't go wrong by using a Triumph oil filter.
As for oil, I would think that Triumph had done sufficient testing and the oil recommended in the owners manual should do fine.

Any fully synthetic, motorcycle specific oil in the proper weight will do fine. It must be motorcycle specific because of the wet clutch. Do not use automotive oil. there are a number of 3rd party filters that will work. But like Rocky said, you can;t go wrong with a Triumph filter.

Being air cooled and very hot down there, I would run a 10W50 weight myself. It's probably in the manual as Rocky and Carl stated as one of the options you could choose.

Thanks you blokes I'll get on it.

What oil + filter would I need for filthy stinking hot weather down in OZ ?
After researching various brands, I found that Mahle Oil Filters seem to work better than other brands at cleaning out particulate matter from the oil and because they are a lesser known brand, they are half the price of the Triumph filter. Also did some research on oil, and both Amsoil full synthetic Motorcycle Oil and Castrol Power 1 Full Synthetic 10W-50 Motorcycle Oil and excellent choices for hot weather riding. Both the Mahle Filter and the Castrol Power 1 Oil in a 6-qt pack can be purchased on Amazon for an excellent price

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom