2013 Rocket Touring 16" tires

Skelton Hogs

Riding for 10 Years
Local time
Today, 12:36
My Ride
2013 Rocket Touring
Hi Rocket owners. I am reading tire sizes for my rocket and it seems like everyone else has a 17" front wheel/tire?
I have a 16" both rear and front. My front is 150-80/16 and being so wide it's challenging to turn at vry low speeds. I'd like to change to 140-85/16 since it's the same diameter but would like to know if anyone else has tried this size and what their experience was like, better handling at low speeds?
Thank you!

Qship

Riding for 39 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 13:36
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Can't see it being a problem. Just make sure load and speed ratings are good enough for the Rocket. Not sure if changing your size that much will make the bike easier to turn at low speeds because the contact patch will be almost the same.

Qship

Riding for 39 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 13:36
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
Can also try bumping up the pressure a few pounds to see how it feels. Never exceed the max pressure of the tire though.
I had a different bike(Honda VTX 1300) that needed this done, and it helped a lot with the same issue you are having.

Skelton Hogs

Riding for 10 Years
Local time
Today, 12:36
My Ride
2013 Rocket Touring
Can also try bumping up the pressure a few pounds to see how it feels. Never exceed the max pressure of the tire though.
I had a different bike(Honda VTX 1300) that needed this done, and it helped a lot with the same issue you are having.

Pressure, never thought of that. Keep it at 36psi as the book says. Thanks man!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom