2013 Tiger Explorer XC

You are spot on about that!!

SORRY
Now you done it . . . got me to thinking. :y22: :y38: I will not be held responsible for fallout from my thought process . . . BIGNO

Haha! We want more than thought processes. When you've figured it out and have it all fitted to the bike, you let us know. Right?

Sure will. :y2:

Posting with Tapatalk while riding my Tiger 955i at 15 over the speed limit.

I'm with you on that, if they do. . . look out, there will be a bunch of folks making the change.

Those rims are nice, wonder why it was never done sooner

I'm with you on that, if they do. . . look out, there will be a bunch of folks making the change.

Too right.

I wonder, has anyone got close enough to these to see if they're the same as the S10 rims? I mean exactly the same.

Too right.

I wonder, has anyone got close enough to these to see if they're the same as the S10 rims? I mean exactly the same.

I haven't even had the chance to see an Explorer but if I get the chance to see an XC I will be checking it out.

Posting with Tapatalk while riding my Tiger 955i at 15 over the speed limit.

I will certainly buy those rims if they make them for the 800 XC. I think Triumph would sell a lot of them.

I will certainly buy those rims if they make them for the 800 XC. I think Triumph would sell a lot of them.

Only if they come in a 21" front. But on second thought, even the rear would make sense as that's usually the one that gets hosed. hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

The specs I found on the laced wheels are:

800XC Explorer XC
Front 36 Spoke 21 x 2.5
Rear 32 Spoke 17 x 4.25

Explorer XC
Front 32 Spoke 19 x 2.5
Rear 32 Spoke 17 x 4.0

Tires
800XC
90/90 ZR 21
150/70 ZR 17

Explorer XC
Front 110/80 R 19
Rear 150/70 R 17

I would definitely change the rear wheel. I gotta look into that.

I love my 2013 1200 XC

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 14
Great looking Tiger. Any problem with the tank bag scratching the tank. The XC as you know comes in that Matte finish and scratches so easily. I'm thinking of spraying the tank with clear plastidip to protect it. I do think however, that the clear plastidip, even though easily removable will change the finished look of the tank.
There are pros and con's to every choice we make in life.
since taking the pics above, I have attached the SW-M upper crash bars and headlamp protector which I modified slightly to create a fog light.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Very nice and nice innovation.

Many people think that fog lights are to allow the driver with the fog lights, to see better in foggy conditions. That is not the case.
Here in SOCAL especially where I live, we get fog often, and to see that amber light coming towards you or in your mirrors is something else. Really works well. Other than the lens protector itself, its a pretty cheap mod.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom