2016 Bonneville

TPuckett

Local time
Today, 13:28
First Name
Tommy
My Ride
2016 Triumph Bonneville T100
I spent my Sunday afternoon on the new to me 2016 Bonneville after upgrading from my "American V twin". It was the most social ride that I have ever had.
Everywhere I stopped, people were coming up to tell me about the BSA or Norton that they used to ride and admiring the looks of the Bonneville.
It was amazing how approachable a Bonneville is.

Your post made me smile because it was so familar.
Most of us who ride a Bonneville have run into the same thing. The new Bonneville's look so similar to the old ones that people are drawn to them with their own stories.
You can expect more of the same BGRIN
Enjoy and ride safe TUP

I experience the same thing when i am on my T140, its interesting to talk to people that come up to you and start talking about there old Tri. they had back years ago. I was at a restaurant a few weeks ago and two different guys came up to me and started talking about their bikes , one had a 66' Bonne ant the other had a Tiger Club, we stood around talking for 30 minutes, nothing like bragging about what you did when you were young, seems like the older i get the better i was.

Also swapped from Harley to Bonneville, the number of ex Harley riders now riding Bonnevilles is quite amazing.

The biggest reason I didn't go to to a Sportster is because I didn't want front controls. I really needed to have mid controls

I have a Road King and a Bonnieville, and i tell you i prefer my Tri. because of the weight, agility, size ect. I recently put my RK up for sale because of all of those reasons and more.

I recently went on a trip and was faced with trying to go down a big incline to end on a gravel parking lot on another incline. I knew if I dropped it, that it would have been a disaster. That was when I started thinking seriously about making the change. I'm glad I did

Since the day I bought my 2016 Bonneville I've joked that it's a total dude magnet, no other bike I've had has caused so many people to stop (sometimes even while they're driving) to ask what year it is and then proceed to tell me about the Triumph that they or their brother or their cousin had in the 70s.

BGRIN mine gets mistaken for a 70's model all the time.
Just shows how Triumph has awakened the memories of the old days.

Since this is a thread dedicated solely to the 2016 Bonny, I wondering if anyone has a list of the torque specs?

Online I can only seem to find lists from 2001-2007 models and I have no idea if these would be the same for 2016. I can only find the service manual for sale for over $100 USD (w/shipping) and I am reluctant to pay $7.50 USD for one hour of access to the information from Triumph's Tritun website if the information is out there somewhere.

If it's not out there I may crack and just buy the manual, in which case I'll be happy to share any and all information from it.

Owners of the later model Bonneville's are probably in the same situation as you, but maybe somebody has a manual and can help you.

Try this.

Last edited:
Wow, love it TUP TUP

If i sell my HD that is the bike i would like to have!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom