Local time
Today, 06:32
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Riding Since
2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Preview

Introduced earlier today at a live event in England, the new Triumph Bonneville Bobber made its way to the stage ridden by none other than SBK racing legend, Carl Fogarty. Based on the all-new Bonneville released earlier this year, the Bobber receives a few notable items, namely a faux hardtail rear suspension setup, an adjustable solo saddle, and twin slash-cut mufflers.

According to Triumph, the new Bobber is powered by the same liquid-cooled 1200cc parallel-Twin of the T120 Bonneville, but is in a state of “Bobber tune,” delivering more low-end horsepower and torque. Helping achieve its hot rod performance and sound are new, dual airboxes feeding the engine, delivering a throaty intake noise, while the slash-cut mufflers emit the signature cadence of a 270-degree parallel-Twin.

The hardtail look of the Bobber was achieved by what Triumph is referring to as a “swing cage” design where the mono-shock is hidden, much like the design of Harley-Davidson Softails. Unlike H-D, where the hidden shock resides beneath the bike, the Bobber’s is located under the adjustable seat. Other period-piece designs include the battery box with stainless steel strap, the tall rear fender stay, a rear hub that resembles a drum brake, the ignition has been relocated beneath the seat, while the flat handlebars come equipped with bar-end mirrors.

The solo saddle is unique in that it can be adjusted both vertically and horizontally. Exact amounts of adjustability weren’t provided, but Triumph says seat height, as well as its fore/aft position can be changed to an individual’s preference.

The seat slides up and forward or down and back. At its lowest, the seat is 27.2 inches from the ground.

Complementing this seating customization is a quick-release mechanism for the Bobber’s gauge that allow the rider to better position the gauge according to the seating position.

Triumph refers to the Bobber as having “twin clocks,” but in actuality it’s a single gauge with both analog and digital readouts. Information includes: gear position indicator, odometer, two trip meters, service indicator, range to empty, fuel level, average and current fuel consumption, clock, and traction control settings.

Like the T120 Bonneville, the Bobber is outfitted with numerous modern luxuries including riding modes, ABS, a torque assist clutch, and switchable traction control. Also similar to the T120 is the extent to which Triumph engineers went to ensure that as little as possible of any of the modern technologies are easily visible to the casual observer.

The Bobber is customizable with more than 150 accessories available from Triumph. The Brits have also formed a new partnership with FOX for a dual-branded adjustable rear suspension unit, plus a range of new Bobber exhausts from Vance and Hines.

Full specs, pricing, and availability (early spring) were unavailable at press time, but we know the new bike will roll on a set of very bobberish 19-inch x 2.5-inch front, and fat 16-inch x 3.5-inch wide rear wire-spoke (non-tubeless) wheels.

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber Preview appeared first on Motorcycle.com.

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber | First Look Review

The all-new 2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber is powered by a specially tuned “high torque” 1,200cc parallel twin.

At the Intermot motorcycle show in Germany earlier this month, Triumph unveiled three new Bonneville models—the Bonneville T100, Bonneville T100 Black and Street Cup—which are powered by its 900cc “high torque” parallel twin, a new engine that debuted in the Street Twin for 2016.

The British manufacturer has just announced another Bonneville model called the Bobber that’s powered by the 1,200cc “high torque” parallel twin found in the Bonneville T120 and T120 Black, a pair of stylish models that won Rider’s Motorcycle of the Year award for 2016.

The Bonneville Bobber has slash-cut, sawed-off peashooter mufflers tuned for a raw, thrilling sound.

Triumph calls the new Bobber a “pure Bonneville hot rod,” with special engine tuning that makes more low-end power and torque than the T120 and dual exhausts with slash-cut, “sawed off” peashooter mufflers that deliver a raw, thrilling sound. The Bobber has a unique twin airbox setup, a special intake and exhaust system, and a new output shaft, and elegant packaging allows the straight-line exhausts to hide the Euro4-compliant catalytic converters. The engine is mated to a 6-speed transmission with a torque-assist clutch and chain final drive.

With styling inspired by bobbers from the 1940s, this new Triumph is stripped to the bare essentials. It has a wide, flat handlebar, a floating aluminum seat pan with a stitched, deep-foam solo pad, a “swing cage” that hides the rear monoshock and gives the bike a hard tail look, and spoked wheels with black rims shod with tube-type Avon Cobra tires.

The Bonneville Bobber has a wide, flat handlebar with bar-end mirrors. The twin gauges are adjustable to match the riding position.

Other special styling features include a battery box with a stainless steel strap, bar-end mirrors, a rear fender loop, twin throttle bodies that look like carburetors, over-sized adjustable levers, rubber fork gaiters, a rear “drum brake” inspired hub and a sprocket cover with a removable inspection cap. Premium finishes, special badges and covers, a branded, locking fuel cap and silver satin and graphite handlebar risers round out the factory custom look.

An innovative slotted seat design system allows the rider to position the seat “up and forward” in a sporty roadster position or “down and backward” for cruising in a more traditional riding position. A quick-release function for the gauges allows the rider to adjust their position to complement their seating and riding style, and regardless of position, seat height is a low 27.2 inches.

Triumph gave the Bonneville Bobber a unique solo seat that is adjustable for sport riding or laidback cruising.

The Bobber has an all-new frame, chassis and suspension suited to this style of bike. Like other Bonnevilles, the retro-styled Bobber is fully modern, with throttle-by-wire, riding modes (Road and Rain), switchable traction control and ABS.

Befitting its factory custom image, the new Bonneville Bobber is available in four color options: Ironstone with a matte finish, Morello Red, two-tone Competition Green/Frozen Silver and classic Jet Black. For customization, there will be more than 150 accessories available, everything from apehanger handlebars, Vance and Hines exhausts and a Fox rear shock to a cruise control kit, heated grips and a comfort seat.

Pricing and availability for the 2017 Triumph Bobber are TBD.

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber in Morello Red

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber in matte Ironstone

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber in Competition Green/Silver Ice

2017 Triumph Bonneville Bobber in Jet Black

By Rider Magazine.

no no no ! not for me never been my thing !... BOBBER isn't that something to do with sewing ?

This is a very nice looking bike but without a pillion seat it would be very much wasted on myself.

It's a nice machine I suppose, but I've never been interested in a bobber.
It has no practical use for me.

I like it and would consider buying one, Triumph are turning out great bikes at the moment. Brian I have an idea where you beloved other half could be whilst your out having the time of your life on your new Bobber
upload_2016-10-20_17-9-3.jpeg :whistle2::whistle2:

I think if your misses sees that your in for a :y41::y145:

I thought a bobber was a little duck.

Lads, I love it. triumph have done it again, and I think it will be a huge success. I think we will be seeing plenty of them on the road.
looking forward to seeing one in the flesh, and taking one for a spin.

To be serious for a moment,I do have a choice of bikes and Andrea never minds when I go off with the boys or on my own,however I am used to having her behind me.
She has stopped making cakes lately though mmmm!

cool when i was 20 30 40 but not now. but i like the look, and nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo belt drive.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom