2018 T120, recal and update

zazoom

Local time
Today, 01:15
My Ride
2018 Triumph T120
Hi everyone,

two weeks ago i've got my t120 black for first service and recall (replacement of headstock tidy).

The dealer did the regular maintenance and also made some update to the computer (probably the ecu)
Since that updade, the motor idling is wrong, when I close thruttle the rpm stays at 1300 too 1400 rpm for 3 or 5 secondes, so in 2nd gear
the motorcycle will never decrease in speed, It's kind of hard and dangerous too bring the motorcycle to a complete stop.
I just call the dealer and ask him to reload the old version (Was running perfect with the old version) He said it's not possible?
He told me it's not reversible, he could only retry to download again the new version!!! I bought the bike second hand, but the bike is on warranty until 2020 march.

Anyone have or had the same issue, and find the solution?
Thanks a lot

Well, that's a royal PITA!!!!
I don't think this issue has ever come up here so we may not be of much help.
Good luck with whatever the dealer can do to help.

Just spoke with triumph America and the dealer, the bike will be at the dealer soon for a review of the programmation. I'll keep you updated...

Where is this dealer located?
Yes, please keep us informed of the outcome.

Where is this dealer located?
Yes, please keep us informed of the outcome.
Prefer not to tell the dealer's name for now. Want to give them a chance to fix it.

Prefer not to tell the dealer's name for now. Want to give them a chance to fix it.
I understand a respect that. Please let us know what the outcome is. I have heard of this happen before.

I had the same problem with my new 2018 when I first got it.
For whatever reason it resolved itself after about 200 miles. I had planned on taking back to the dealer.

Glad to hear the ECU adapted. TUP

I just purchased a 2018 T120 with only 570 miles showing....not sure if any service was done or not---trying to get the previous owner to give me the owners log---. If correct ,I still have over a year on the warranty.
Now, the questions will begin to flow. Everything on this bike is factory stock. No aftermarket exhaust system--air filter--nothing. Has there been any consensus on which luggage bags are best suited to the T120?--I have only looked at the Givi and Hepco & Becker hard cases so far....not a cheap investment so I only want to purchase once.
The exhaust system that looks / sounds best (on U Tube) is the Remus. Any feedback on these yet?
A lot of talk on replacing the cat with an X pipe....??? any good better best reviews on these? And, will a remap be necessary after the changes are done--Airbox--X pipe..and exhaust system. Most importantly...will there be any noticeable change/improvements/ mpg..HP..Torque..etc? Or will this only be an exercise in money wasted and very little return. The power is there--the sound sucks--but change one thing--you have to change another--then another to do the job right.

It was due service at 500 miles, bare minimum change oil and filter if you have no idea if it had it's 1st service.
If you have the manual it lists all the things to be checked at the 500 mile service and they are fairly easy to do.

You can download the manual here For the Ride

It was due service at 500 miles, bare minimum change oil and filter if you have no idea if it had it's 1st service.
If you have the manual it lists all the things to be checked at the 500 mile service and they are fairly easy to do.

You can download the manual here For the Ride
Thanks...no dealers closer than 200 miles from me.
I can do all the services required except for the computer checks and F.I. settings. I've worked on bikes all my life
BMW, Norton, Triumph carb models. older Ducati's and received training at M/C technical school plus BMW classes,
I recently did the valve adj on my Thunderbird Sport and Thruxton Not the easiest but got it done.
What I need soon is a good manual on the T120,,,,,,,Haynes or Clymer---or spend the bucks for the factory one.
I'll download the one you posted above and see what it looks like. Thanks for the post.

44833The biggest problem is getting the oil filter off. I thing they use glue on the gasket rather than lubricant. I bought this filter wrench at harbor freight to get it off, the arms are geared to close on the filter as you turn the wrench to remove it. There is enough room to hand tighten the new filter.
https://www.harborfreight.com/univer...nch-63690.html

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom