Idaho Tiger

Local time
Today, 12:30
First Name
Tim
My Ride
2018 Tiger 800XCa
2018 Tiger 1200XRt
Just finished breaking in my new Triumph Tiger 2018 XRt, and I love this bike - with one exception. When I take off from a stop, if I go nice an easy, it is smooth as can be, but if I give it a little extra to take off quick, it often will shudder. In California, we can split lanes (legally it is called lane sharing), but at a stop light, I go through the cars if there is room, and go to the front of the line. But, I don't want to make the cars wait, so I'll give it just a little extra not to inconvenience them, and the bike, more often than not will pulsate or surge repeatedly as the clutch starts to grab. Is that normal for this bike? Or is there something wrong with the clutch or drive shaft? Anyone experience anything like this on your Tiger 1200? I have only ever owned one other drive shaft bike (a Kawasaki Concourse - the one they made for 20+ years, not the newer one) and it never did that shudder.

Have not noticed any on mine. Maybe I will try a few quick take offs to see if mine does that.
Won't be 'til at least the week end if I can even get out then.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom