Administrator
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:43
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Riding Since
After teasing us with some photos in January, Triumph has released full details about the new 2019 Rocket 3 TFC. Besides the switch from roman numerals and the addition of premium Triumph Factory Custom components, the limited edition 2019 Triumph Rocket 3 TFC supersizes what was already the world’s largest production motorcycle engine to a massive 2458cc displacement, claiming more than 168 hp and 163 lb-ft.

2019 Triumph Rocket 3 TFC engine
Each of the Rocket 3 TFC’s cylinders has a larger displacement than the Tiger 800’s three cylinders combined. Carbon-shielded pipes exit from each cylinder, leading toward two stacked Arrow silencers with carbon fiber end-caps.

Triumph says the engine is all new, with a 110.2mm bore and 85.9 mm stroke, compared to the previous Rocket III’s 101.6 mm x 94.3 mm. That translates to an extra 164cc over its already giant predecessor’s 2294cc powerplant. The engine makes use of lightweight titanium intake valves, allowing it to rev higher than the previous Rocket (Triumph didn’t explicitly say what the new rev limit is, but a shot of the digital tachometer shows a redline just shy of 6000rpm).

The claimed 168 hp output is about 13% higher than the previous Rocket III engine (and the most powerful engine produced by Triumph) while Triumph’s claimed 163 lb-ft. would give the Rocket 3 TFC more peak torque than any other production motorcycle, and by quite some margin.

The Rocket 3 TFC comes with four engine modes with throttle map and traction control settings: road, rain, sport and a rider-configurable mode. The Rocket 3 also comes with cornering ABS and hill hold control, while a shift assist allows for clutchless up and down shifts.

As a Triumph Factory Custom, the Rocket 3 comes with a lot of premium carbon fiber parts. The bodywork, front fender, fly screen, drive shaft cover, heel guards, tank strap, silencer end caps and exhaust heat shields are all made from lightweight carbon. The Rocket 3 TFC also makes use of a new aluminum frame that uses the engine as a stressed member and a new aluminum single-sided swingarm for further weight savings. Triumph hasn’t released any total weight figures yet, but it does claim an 88-pound weight savings from the previous Rocket III. If that’s accurate, that would put the bike at around 648 pounds (dry).

Showa provides the 47mm inverted fork and rear monoshock with piggyback reservoir while Brembo supplies its M4.30 Stylema 4-piston radial monoblock calipers. The radial master cylinder, brake lever and clutch lever are also from Brembo.

Up front, the Rocket 3 TFC sports twin LED headlights with (in some markets) daytime running lights. Other features include keyless ignition, a tire pressure monitoring system and a USB charging socket. An optional Bluetooth connectivity module gives the Rocket 3 TFC phone and music operation, Google-powered navigation and an integrated GoPro control system (first introduced on the Scrambler 1200.

Triumph will only produce 750 units of the Rocket 3 TFC, with 225 dedicated to North America. Each bike comes with a numbered plaque on the instrument mount and a tailor made TFC handover pack with a custom build book, rucksack, bike cover and a letter signed by Triumph Chief Executive Officer Nick Bloor.

Of course, exclusivity comes with a price, in this case US$29,000. The 2019 Triumph Rocket 3 TFC will be available in December, but orders are being accepted now. What remains to be seen, however, is whether Triumph will release a more affordable non-TFC version.

2019 Triumph Rocket 3 TFC Specifications
Engine TypeInline 3-cylinder, water-cooled, DOHC
Capacity2458cc
Bore/Stroke110.2 mm x 85.9 mm
Maximum PowerMore than 168 hp (claimed)
Maximum TorqueMore than 163 lb-ft. (claimed)
Fuel systemRide-by-Wire, fuel injected
ExhaustStainless 3-into-1 headers with 3-exit Arrow-branded silencer / CAT box
Final driveShaft, bevel box
ClutchHydraulic, slip-assist
Gearbox6-speed
FrameFull aluminum frame
InstrumentsTFT multi-functional instrument pack with digital speedometer, trip computer, digital tachometer, gear position indicator, fuel gauge, service indicator, ambient temperature, clock and rider modes (Rain/Road/Sport/Rider-configurable) – Triumph TFT Connectivity System can be added with accessory fitted Bluetooth module
SwingarmSingle-sided, cast aluminum
Front Wheel17 x 3.6 in. cast aluminum
Rear Wheel16 x 7.5 in. cast aluminum
Front Tyre150/80 R17 V
Rear Tyre240/50 R16 V
Front SuspensionShowa 47mm upside-down 1+1 cartridge front forks, compression and rebound adjustable, 4.7 inches of travel
Rear SuspensionFully adjustable Showa piggyback reservoir RSU with remote hydraulic preload adjuster, 4.2 inches of travel
Front BrakeDual 320 mm discs, Brembo M4.30 Stylema 4-piston radial monobloc calipers, Cornering ABS
Rear BrakeSingle 300 mm disc, Brembo M4.32 4-piston monobloc caliper, Cornering ABS
Seat Height30.4 in
Rake27.9°
Trail5.31 in
Dry WeightTBC
Fuel Capacity5.02 gal

The post 2019 Triumph Rocket 3 TFC Revealed with Ginormous 2500cc Triple appeared first on Motorcycle.com.

Source...

I just saw this on another site earlier this morning.
My first thought was, "Where is the rest of the bike? Is the back end an extra cost item? It looks like the rear wheel is falling off!"
The MSRP is $33,000.00 Canadian - plus tax - the price of a new Subaru I'm looking at FACE
Anyway, this type of bike has no appeal for me regardless.

Rocky, I agree. It is way too much bike for me and way too much money! Too much power and too heavy for this old guy.

What is "TFC" supposed to mean?

I have an answer, but it's too profane (using the letter F) to publish here BGRIN
It's actually Triumph Factory Custom.

Thanks. In your first answer, if F is for Foxtrot, what do the other two letters stand for?

Gadzooks!!!! What a monster. Will be a collectors item for sure. I wouldn't want to ride that beast. To each their own.

Has anyone seen any Full left side views of the Rocket TFC?

Good question, and astute observation. Lt. Colombo would be proud of you. :unsure:

I put down a deposit, My last Rocket was an 2004 with a Brian Olsen Turbo, Here we go again.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom