Raffi

Riding for 7 Months
Local time
Today, 08:51
First Name
Raffi
My Ride
2014 Scrambler
Replacing Avon Trailriders, looking for more of an 80/20 or even 70/30 and was considering Tourances. Good option? Also curious about something more aggressive like the Trailmax Missions. Can anyone advise how significant a change I should expect from the Avon's I've got now?

Last edited:

Qship

Riding for 40 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 12:51
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
All depends on whether you plan on going off the pavement and how much. Metzler Tourance Nexts came stock in my Tiger and were a good road(80/20 or 90/10, can't remember) tire albeit short lived. May last better on your Scrambler. The Trailmax Missions are a 50/50 and so there are always compromises. Good tire and I am happy with it, but may not be suitable for your riding style. Only you can determine that. I reviewed A LOT of tires before deciding. You're stuck with them for a good period of time and they are your contact patch with the world, so unless you have a lot of disposable income(I do not), they don't normally get changed until they're worn out.
You can check out my review in the 1200 Tiger section of the Dunlops.

VABird

Local time
Today, 11:51
First Name
Bob
My Ride
2012 T-Bird 1600 ABS
I've used Shinko 705's (80/20) on my Tiger for years and very happy with them. Inexpensive and I've never had a traction problem.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom