96 Trident Side Stand.

Old horse

Riding for 53 Years
Local time
Today, 02:32
First Name
Doug
My Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket 3, 2011 Triumph speed triple, 1996 Triumph Trident, 2013 Thunderbird
When I put the side stand down the bike leans over way to far. It almost looks like it will fall over. Does this seem like a normal situation. Not sure what to do about it or why it would be that way. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

CTOlsen

Riding for 40 Years
Local time
First Name
Craig
My Ride
1980 Suzuki GS750E, MINT
1996 Triumph Trident
Same here. It's a Triumph thing.

CTOlsen

Riding for 40 Years
Local time
First Name
Craig
My Ride
1980 Suzuki GS750E, MINT
1996 Triumph Trident
I recently looked at a 97 Trophy 1200 ( looking to expand my arsenal). It had experienced an impact that somehow took out the side stand bracket, partially, and the side stand arm had started to come loose. The owner knew nothing of how it happened, and dealt with it by placing a block of wood under it. Otherwise, it was at risk of falling over.
I walked on this one- too many issues.

Old horse

Riding for 53 Years
Local time
First Name
Doug
My Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket 3, 2011 Triumph speed triple, 1996 Triumph Trident, 2013 Thunderbird
I recently look. at a 97 Trophy 1200 ( looking to expand my arsenal). It had experienced an impact that somehow took out the side stand bracket, partially, and the side stand arm had started to come loose. The owner knew nothing of how it happened, and dealt with it by placing a block of wood under it. Otherwise, it was at risk of falling over.
I walked on this one- too many issues.
To bad you had to walk on the Trophy 1200, they are great bikes. The difference on my Trident is I don't see any physical damage or any part of the bracket bent. So for now I use the center stand, just a pain using it instead of the side stand.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom