...aaaand this is why I always use a helmet cam...

SarahP

Local time
Today, 05:52
First Name
Nancy
My Ride
2017 Street Twin
(RIP my 2013 Bonnie aka Barney)
This really makes me furious -- the cop just blatantly lied. Thank god there was a secondary street CCTV.

I am extremely uncomfortable riding without a helmet cam. It was instrumental in proving the guilt of the driver who hit me 2 years ago. (We're *still* in litigation on that!.

This biker suffered terrible injuries, but survived. Hopefully he'll get that big chunk o'money from the settlement. He deserves every penny and then some.

I'm getting to the point where i want multiple cameras in my truck. I almost always have my GoPro recording when riding Jessica.

I certainly can see the benefits of having a camera or two, but things around here aren't that bad yet.
One of the benefits of living in a small population province - which is not to say that we don't have our share of idiots.
That said, I know a few people who have dash cams, but they commute daily and are always out in traffic.

I'm retired and have no reason to be out in rush hour, but on the few occasions I am, I'm just very wary of my surroundings and haven't had any incidents.

I have been wanting to get myself a cam for some time now. Glad that he was able to find that CCTV footage.

I certainly can see the benefits of having a camera or two, but things around here aren't that bad yet.
One of the benefits of living in a small population province - which is not to say that we don't have our share of idiots.
That said, I know a few people who have dash cams, but they commute daily and are always out in traffic.

I'm retired and have no reason to be out in rush hour, but on the few occasions I am, I'm just very wary of my surroundings and haven't had any incidents.
I'm happy for your accident-free record! Mine happened on a quiet residential street with a speed limit of 25 mph/40 kph. And I was stopped! For me, having a camera is strictly for insurance/accident investigation purposes. And because that's *all* I use it for, the price is cheap cheap -- mine run about $35 USD on Amazon or eBay. The quality is acceptable -- . I don't need a 4K resolution, 720 is just fine to see that that guy turned into me. Yikes.....

Then again, it's the US, and someone somewhere is looking to make some money from a lawsuit!

If you're in the market for a camera there really isn't any excuse to not have one these days since the market has plenty of them at decent quality and prices.

If you're in the market for a camera there really isn't any excuse to not have one these days since the market has plenty of them at decent quality and prices.
I agree 100%. I remember thinking that the GoPro line was the only thing available, and I wasn't going to drop $500 on a camera that I'd probably lose anyway. :LOL: I was very happy to see the knockoffs become available.

Sad that I feel as though I need a camera for legal protection, though.

Wintry mix forecasted for my area tonight and tomorrow. I think the riding season is over! :cry:

Those of you who live in or near huge metropolitan cities have a much harder time in traffic where it's dog-eat-dog than some of us in much smaller cities and cameras are probably a very good idea.
This entire province has barely over 900 thousand in population so we have a pretty easy time of it here.
Knock-on-wood, in 26 years I haven't had any incidents or really, even any close calls.
Our motorists certainly aren't saints by any means, but they seem to give bikes a fair shake for the most part - and you have to do your part and be very aware of your surroundings - and be good at anticipating what might happen.

Here is one for all of you, in the state of Mississippi the Ms supreme court have ruled that the police are not responsible for any faults like that on the video, how about that for the great state of Mississippi. A few years ago a student was ran over by the driver of the school bus that just let her off, they found the driver nor the state was responsible. A close friend of mine was ran into by a city policeman, even though it was the fault of the cop he nor the state or city is responsible. Many of the citizens of my hometown including my mother in law have had their house flooded by water from the sewage, the city nor state is not resonsible at all! Yes i wan't to move from this state because of reasons like this maybe i will if i can but right now i am stuck here, the reason this state is on rock bottom is because everybody that has any sense has moved out when they were younger!

Yeah it odd how someone with the power to do so can pass a law making themselves unaccountable for their actions.

Here is one for all of you, in the state of Mississippi the Ms supreme court have ruled that the police are not responsible for any faults like that on the video, how about that for the great state of Mississippi. A few years ago a student was ran over by the driver of the school bus that just let her off, they found the driver nor the state was responsible. A close friend of mine was ran into by a city policeman, even though it was the fault of the cop he nor the state or city is responsible. Many of the citizens of my hometown including my mother in law have had their house flooded by water from the sewage, the city nor state is not resonsible at all! Yes i wan't to move from this state because of reasons like this maybe i will if i can but right now i am stuck here, the reason this state is on rock bottom is because everybody that has any sense has moved out when they were younger!
Hard to believe FACE

I am one of those types if I cannot get quality I don't get it. I just find when I purchase cheaper items it starts to tick me off because of poor quality given by the product. It then finds itself in file 13 and becomes an even bigger wast of money then if I had of just purchased the real deal.

So with Christmas coming up if anyone is looking for a gift suggestion for me a Gopro would do it BGRIN

PS I only need one so please don't all jump in and get me one ROTFL

I expect there will be a huge rush to buy you a camera so I'll step back and not buy one ROTFL

I believe in quality items too and do a lot of research before buying some items.

File 13 BGRIN a common saying here too.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom