brooke

Riding for 50 Years
Local time
Today, 17:00
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
16 thruxton r. 2011 tiger 800
Hi guys , been to busy to keep in touch but having an ABS issue with the 16 R model so making time to beg for your help . After a mile or two or three after leaving the house the ABS , traction control and engine light appear . The service wrench has been flashing for some time but with dealer in another province and Covid restrictions that will have to wait . Abs sensors and wheel units look fine . Checked the three pin connector behind the shifter,looks good and pulling and shaking it doesn’t seem to trigger a reaction , my thought has been that hitting what I would consider a normal bump in the road is setting it off . Once in this situation ROAD is the only mode available, I can change modes when leaving my drive way . Any help gracefully accepted .

Attachments

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 62 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 16:00
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Hi, Brooke and welcome back. Do you have TuneECU where you can check the codes? Please let us know what you find.

brooke

Riding for 50 Years
Local time
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
Thanks for your reply Carl . Don’t have tune ECU .

Qship

Riding for 40 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
You can venture off the sand dune now that the "Atlantic bubble" has been created so why not go over to Motoplex and get the codes read? Could be something as simple as a wheel speed sensor gone bad. That sends the signals for ABS and traction control so that would be my first guess.

brooke

Riding for 50 Years
Local time
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
Seriously thinking about Tuneecu or Dealer tool . It started going into TC mode yesterday so changed my attention to the front sensor . Sure enough the front sensor is much farther away from the signalling ring on front compared to the back . .there is a small washer between the sensor and the caliber , I think , keeping the the sensor at least an eighth of an inch away from the ring ??? Is it common to use this method as an adjustment? The rear has no such washer and runs very close to ring . Tiger has no washers and has been trouble free for eight years ...

brooke

Riding for 50 Years
Local time
First Name
Brooke
My Ride
Took off the front wheel and found nothing amiss so fabbed a shim to adjust the clearance at the speed sensor . Got it to a credit card thickness ,same as the rear and others I have looked at . ECU was not impressed, a mile or so down the road lites are on again . Tried to find the dealer tool Website, no luck , any one know the address. Thanks .

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom