Staff
Local time
Today, 04:10
First Name
Carl
My Ride
2020 Bonneville T120 Black
Riding Since
Here's a review of the 800XC a local Australian magazine did on the 800XC.

The 800XC was one of a gaggle of bikes on which they did an 'Outback Adventure' ride, which is basically on unsealed major & minor roads in the Australian bush - Western New South Wales to be exact. The bikes ridden were - 800XC, KTM 990A, KTM 990A-R, KTM 690R, Yamaha Tenere 660, MotoGuzzi Stelvio 1200 & the mandatory BMW F800GS.

They liked the 800XC
047.gif

http://www.cycletorque.com.au/Triumph-Tiger-800XC-2011/

What makes the guts of a good adventure bike?
We reckon a torquey engine, good ground clearance, not too much weight, capable suspension and decent luggage capacity.
Of course there's much more to it but the Tiger 800XC has been a great first time effort for the English company, and all the above bases have been covered well enough.

Part one of the story - Part 2 is yet to be published on their web site
http://www.cycletorque.com.au/Touring-Feature-Outback-Adventure/

THERE I was, standing on the red dirt road between Bourke and Wanaaring in outback New South Wales, dusk an hour away and another 150 kilometres of dirt to go before we reached our overnight stay at Wanaaring.

There was one major issue though. Lying in the middle of said road was my mate Gareth who didn't look all that healthy, but was valiantly sucking in the big ones telling us he would be able to get up soon. I pretty much knew that was a pipe dream. The only way he was going anywhere was in an ambulance.
Not far away was the Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 NTX lying on its side in the sand. It had played a part in the crash but looked like it could keep going, unlike Gareth.

I noted the with interest the comments on the Karoo tyres/tires. These are approved by Triumph for primarily off road use. Based on my uses of the bike - on pavement most of the time - these are not the tires for me. They apparently do not wear well on pavement.

Well if it is good enough for the Outback then it should be just as good for the African bush BGRIN

LOL, I agree. :y2:

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom