Vector

Riding for 52 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 18:33
First Name
Gary
My Ride
2022 Street Twin
Changing out the air filter w/ a K&N. Pull the snorkel, yes or no?

Nortony

Riding for 47 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 21:33
First Name
Anthony
My Ride
Thruxton TFC
If the set up is like a Thruxton, remove the hose that mounts to the black plastic cover; unscrew the two screws holding on the black plastic cover then remove the stock filter and install the K & N. Put the cover, screws and reconnect the hose….Done

Vector

Riding for 52 Years
Local time
First Name
Gary
My Ride
2022 Street Twin
Thanks Nortony, what I am asking is would you guys pull the snorkel and run without it?

JerryP

Riding for 56 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 21:33
First Name
Jerry
My Ride
Triumph Street Scrambler
If you ride in rain it might be good to keep the snorkel in. I had a air cooled 900 series ( 2012) and removed the snorkel but used plastic tabs provided by Norman Hyde Bellmouth to keep water out. My '22 Scrambler has been desnorkeled by cutting the snorkel in 1/2 at an angle. Photos of that mod are in "Triumph Hacks". I do NOT ride in the rain however and have additional marine type air scoops to really ram the air in.

sikatri

Local time
Yesterday, 20:33
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
I deleted the whole airbox after one experience with a filter change (not a street twin). It was a real pain in the ass to remove the filter. Somehow the box opening didn’t exactly line up with the frame and getting a new filter in was a major operation. I put in cone filters which you can get rain covers for. Not that I plan on rain rides.

Vector

Riding for 52 Years
Local time
First Name
Gary
My Ride
2022 Street Twin
That took patience. What takes 5 minute for a Harley, took 45 mins. What an asinine design.
K&N filter in and snorkle removed. Wont need to mess with that for a while.
If you ride in rain it might be good to keep the snorkel in. I had a air cooled 900 series ( 2012) and removed the snorkel but used plastic tabs provided by Norman Hyde Bellmouth to keep water out. My '22 Scrambler has been desnorkeled by cutting the snorkel in 1/2 at an angle. Photos of that mod are in "Triumph Hacks". I do NOT ride in the rain however and have additional marine type air scoops to really ram the air in.
I never raise in rain. I live in the desert average rainfall here is 5.5" a YEAR.

sikatri

Local time
Yesterday, 20:33
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
That took patience. What takes 5 minute for a Harley, took 45 mins. What an asinine design.
K&N filter in and snorkle removed. Wont need to mess with that for a while.

I never raise in rain. I live in the desert average rainfall here is 5.5" a YEAR.
Even with rain, they make covers for those filters.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom