Air Injection

frankster

Riding for 7 Months
Local time
Today, 13:37
My Ride
2003 America
Does anyone out there know of a reason to keep the air injection in the heads of the America? Everthing that I read says removing them makes the engine and exhaust run cooler, fatter, and better. Thanks in advance!

sikatri

Local time
Today, 12:37
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
Helps burn off fuel so it doesn’t pollute is my understanding. Previous owner had removed mine on my Thruxton. Is there a particular reason you want to eliminate it, perhaps other mods?

frankster

Riding for 7 Months
Local time
My Ride
2003 America
Helps burn off fuel so it doesn’t pollute is my understanding. Previous owner had removed mine on my Thruxton. Is there a particular reason you want to eliminate it, perhaps other mods?
Just thinking that my motor and exhaust will run cooler and plugs would be easier to remove.

sikatri

Local time
My Ride
Just thinking that my motor and exhaust will run cooler and plugs would be easier to remove.
The air injection creates an after burn from what I understand. Yes to plugs being easy to remove. That’s how I noticed mine didn’t have AI. LoL. Ease of maintenance is the reason I then deleted the airbox. Thought might as well since the AI had already been removed. It does clean up the mechanics. Not necessarily eco friendly though. My local state doesn’t care, so that also was a consideration. Didn’t want to do anything that would hinder inspections.

Philois

Riding for 43 Years
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:37
First Name
Phil
My Ride
2015 Triumph Bonneville America.
I removed mine because I was told it would decrease popping on deceleration which it certainly did. I also removed the O2 sensors which certainly helped with the snatchie throttle response although it didn’t cure it 100% It also stopped the tendency the motor had when hot (in traffic) to stall when downshifting.
If you feel your motor is running fine, and don’t have a lot of popping I wouldn’t touch either.

sikatri

Local time
My Ride
I removed mine because I was told it would decrease popping on deceleration which it certainly did. I also removed the O2 sensors which certainly helped with the snatchie throttle response although it didn’t cure it 100% It also stopped the tendency the motor had when hot (in traffic) to stall when downshifting.
If you feel your motor is running fine, and don’t have a lot of popping I wouldn’t touch either.
Those would have been reasons I would have removed them as well.

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 63 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
I owned two T100's and removed the AI on both. The bikes ran cooler.

sikatri

Local time
My Ride
I owned two T100's and removed the AI on both. The bikes ran cooler.
That’s nice to know. Not that I was planning on putting it back. Never saw mine with them on, but I can tell, it’s a maintenance nightmare to have them on.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom