Staff
Local time
Today, 02:18
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Riding Since
Looks like they've done away with the tickler.

Thanks for the links, Rocky.

I took it to be each.

This is my first post on the board but I thought I would let you know I just installed one of those carbs on my 73 750 Tiger. Took it out today for the first time to see how it worked. After a warm up run and a couple tweaks on the idle adjustments it seems to run great! It does still have the tickler but it has a extension on the button so your finger doesn't need to get stinky. The bike pulls smooth from idle to the top, no flat spots or hiccups. I've been told that the cost of having the old carb sleeved would be around $120 to $140 so around $180 for the new improved version is not too bad. The new one looks like a nice piece of work. If anyone has any other questions about it, just ask.

Gary

This is my first post on the board but I thought I would let you know I just installed one of those carbs on my 73 750 Tiger. Took it out today for the first time to see how it worked. After a warm up run and a couple tweaks on the idle adjustments it seems to run great! It does still have the tickler but it has a extension on the button so your finger doesn't need to get stinky. The bike pulls smooth from idle to the top, no flat spots or hiccups. I've been told that the cost of having the old carb sleeved would be around $120 to $140 so around $180 for the new improved version is not too bad. The new one looks like a nice piece of work. If anyone has any other questions about it, just ask.

Gary

What, no stinky finger, next thing you'll try to stop the oil leaks. :y15:

Thanks for the review Gary.
I'm still running the standard Concentric's on my bikes (both new), but I fitted the extended tickler to each so no stinky fingers :y2:
The carb on my BSA was worn out so I had it sleeved, but it still didn't run right. I eventually bought a new Concentric with a chrome slide and the difference was like night and day. The 441 single starts and idles like a champ now!

Northern Eagle Cycle in Ontario Canada has these on their website:

WW90451.jpg

NEW! in stock
Wassell 9 series carbs.
Fully adjustable float is fitted as standard.
Internals are interchangeable with OEM parts.
Available in right hand and left hand models. Main Jet: 200
Throttle Slide No.: 3
Pilot Jet: Bush
Needle Jet: 106

WassellCarburettorsFittingInstructions.pdf

$139.00 ea (USD)

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like the "new" Amal company has sorted thier early problems with casting flash obstructing various passages.

Good to hear.

What, no stinky finger, next thing you'll try to stop the oil leaks. :y15:

I'll leave a couple small leaks just for the principle of it and to piss off the other bikes in the garage!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom