Staff
Local time
Today, 03:12
First Name
Carl
My Ride
2020 Bonneville T120 Black
Riding Since
Three of us regulars rode the 96 mile round trip to Titusville to watch the launch in person. We hit some rain on the ride over. Since it was 92 F, the rain was a welcome relief,. We arrived in Titusville at 16:00 cool and comfortable - and dry. It is always a treat to watch these launches.

000aa.JPG

The Anasis-II launch was SpaceX's 12th launch this year, the 90th flight of a Falcon 9 and the second overall for this particular booster. The booster was first flown in May to deliver NASA astronauts Doug Hurley and Bob Behnken to the International Space Station -- the first time a commercial company has done so. Ergo, it's got some history.

It also means SpaceX broke its own record for rocket reusability. This is the fastest turnaround between missions for a Falcon 9 rocket booster, with the Anasis-II booster having flown only 51 days ago.

In addition, SpaceX had long sought to capture both fairing halves -- the pieces that make up the Falcon 9 nosecone -- before they land in the ocean. Two ships, Ms. Tree and Ms. Chief, stationed in the Atlantic and adorned with huge nets, have attempted catches with varying degrees of success. But the Anasis-II mission marks the first time both fairing halves were caught.

This shows what private enterprise can do. The US government did not subsidize this launch, It was paid for by South Korea. It did not cost the US taxpayers at all.

Following the launch, my riding buddies went to dinner at Loyd Have Mercy restaurant, a great soul food and country cooking restaurant. I had previous commitment and could not join them. It was great afternoon.

Cool that you get to see these launches TUP

Seeing a launch like that must be very interesting!

They seem to be getting on a role at the moment and i do feel another space race coming on with a lot of other countries joining the club .

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom