Anybody recommend an aftermarket gasket/seal set for Hinckley triples?

dearborn

Local time
Today, 01:31
First Name
Doug
My Ride
1996 Thunderbird, 1975(ish) Norton Commando
Riding Since
Can anyone recommend an aftermarket supplier for Hinckley triple, (Thunderbird, etc), gasket/seal sets? Ordering these from Triumph dealer is a huge PIA- some are no longer available, many are out of stock or back ordered and all are $$$$$$!!
And that is IF the dealer is still in business here in the USA and IF they will even bother with triple parts! (LOVE the bike but USA parts/dealer network is awful)
Why is it that I can get anything I need for my Nortons or Meriden Triumphs from a large number of suppliers for quite fair prices and these companies have been out of business for 40+ years, but parts for a Hinckley Triumph triple from a company still in business are so hard to get? Simple hose set took multiple tries from Triumph dealer and had to make one from auto parts store bulk hose 'cause NLA! from Triumph.
Removing engine in my 1996 Thunderbird to fix a long standing problem, (bent/worn shift fork) and to do a six speed conversion. Having a full gasket/seal set at hand would be a great help. Things tend to "sprout legs" when left apart waiting for that one tiny seal or gasket to arrive which is invariably out of stock/back ordered/NLA
There is still enough interest in the triples-some one must be turning out quality gasket sets, likely in UK/Germany

Can't help, but wish you luck in your search. Don't think they were made in enough numbers for an aftermarket company to make them. Just need to find original company that made them and get them to tool up for a limited run. The Hinckley triples should be popular enough for that I would think.

Can anyone recommend an aftermarket supplier for Hinckley triple, (Thunderbird, etc), gasket/seal sets? Ordering these from Triumph dealer is a huge PIA- some are no longer available, many are out of stock or back ordered and all are $$$$$$!!
And that is IF the dealer is still in business here in the USA and IF they will even bother with triple parts! (LOVE the bike but USA parts/dealer network is awful)
Why is it that I can get anything I need for my Nortons or Meriden Triumphs from a large number of suppliers for quite fair prices and these companies have been out of business for 40+ years, but parts for a Hinckley Triumph triple from a company still in business are so hard to get? Simple hose set took multiple tries from Triumph dealer and had to make one from auto parts store bulk hose 'cause NLA! from Triumph.
Removing engine in my 1996 Thunderbird to fix a long standing problem, (bent/worn shift fork) and to do a six speed conversion. Having a full gasket/seal set at hand would be a great help. Things tend to "sprout legs" when left apart waiting for that one tiny seal or gasket to arrive which is invariably out of stock/back ordered/NLA
There is still enough interest in the triples-some one must be turning out quality gasket sets, likely in UK/Germany

I know, the linked source is not in the US but the prices are not bad (compared to) and the quality is good. OEM headgasket is ok but not great and stupid prices. Shipping is pretty quick.
Another good source would be these boys but I think they are closed due to the corona virus.

I hope this helps,

V

I know, the linked source is not in the US but the prices are not bad (compared to) and the quality is good. OEM headgasket is ok but not great and stupid prices. Shipping is pretty quick.
Another good source would be these boys but I think they are closed due to the corona virus.

I hope this helps,

V
Thanks for the tip! The few, (very few!), Triumph dealers here that will bother with the Hinckley Triples will order parts, (maybe), but they will be $$$$$ and they'll come from UK suppliers anyway. Faster, easier and cheaper to just deal direct with supplier, especially if there is a problem/return.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom