solomon

Meriden fiddler
Ex-Member
Local time
Today, 05:16
My Ride
T120V
View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5BKjVYAlPDU

With my Meriden, true backfire is fairly common. Tickling (flooding) carbs on kickstarting sees to that. Often get flames out of carbs. Never get backfire once started.

Do get decel pop. Think it's the good type of 'backfire'. New silencers have larger exit hole, and possibly connection to downpipe isn't as air tight.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5BKjVYAlPDU

With my Meriden, true backfire is fairly common. Tickling (flooding) carbs on kickstarting sees to that. Often get flames out of carbs. Never get backfire once started.

Do get decel pop. Think it's the good type of 'backfire'. New silencers have larger exit hole, and possibly connection to downpipe isn't as air tight.
I like a decel pop

I don’t get it on the Speedmaster. :unsure:

I like my 2500cc triple pop.

To me it’s a pretty classic sound, I like it.

If you guys get out here you can ride the R3.
I hope to make it out there in late summer. Depends on how Ilse is doing.

I have 3 old, carbureted Triumphs. They ALL pop on decel. When the carb butterfly closes, the mixture gets rich [carbs do not cut fuel flow when the butterfly closes like EFI does]. Just the nature of the beast. Love it and live with it. ...J.D.

Attachments

• My '02 America-2018.jpg
    My '02 America-2018.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 0
DECEL POP
about a week ago traffic light went red just as I got to it, well had been for about half a second. Familiar with the junction; it's a long wait. Decided to risk it, and carried on. Only thing was, was the police car parked next to it. I could see the officer looking the other way, so I eased off the throttle, as my silencers are too loud; bike let of a single almighty loud bang, like a gun. Not as stealthy as I had hoped. Luckily I went around a corner, soon out of sight. Looked in my mirror, no panda car following.

BACKFIRE
Couple of years ago my bike made a single loud backfire, like a gunshot. Few minutes later, having started a fire, the bike exploded. It was a minter...

WhatsApp Image 2021-03-02 at 19.16.24.jpeg

As the vid states, most pops and bangs are after-ignitions in exhaust, not a backfire.

Yes, back firing can be a bit nasty. Once [back in a previous life] I was priming my dad's old hot rod with an oiler full of gas while he cranked it over. On startup, she backfired out both carbs. My hair was shorter, and my eyebrows were wrinkled. ...J.D.

Yes, back firing can be a bit nasty. Once [back in a previous life] I was priming my dad's old hot rod with an oiler full of gas while he cranked it over. On startup, she backfired out both carbs. My hair was shorter, and my eyebrows were wrinkled. ...J.D.
Yes sir, been there, too.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom