Staff
Local time
Today, 13:29
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Riding Since

A few years ago there was a thread here about this Baja no pinch tire tool. It looked like something I could use so I bought one, but didn't use it until recently.
I take the wheels from my modern bikes to a dealer to fit tires, but I do my own tire fitting on my vintage bikes.
This tool won't help you take a tire off, but is intended to pop a new tire easily into place.
The rear tire on my BSA was worn out so I fitted a new one last week and this tool popped the new tire on exactly as advertised.

Looked at their page in the link and watched the demo install.
Did you use rim protectors with this?
Looks like it could easily scratch a rim.

I cannot remember when last I changed a tire myself or even if I have ever done it :oops:

Looked at their page in the link and watched the demo install.
Did you use rim protectors with this?
Looks like it could easily scratch a rim.
None needed.
The tool bears right on the tire bead and doesn't touch the rim as it pushes the tire into place.
I suppose it might be possible to scratch a rim, but I think you would have to be pretty ham-fisted and careless when using the tool.
Anyway, for me, it worked great on my British wheel.

Taking a tire off is still the old "irons, rim protectors and soapy water/Windex" way, but putting the tire back on is pretty much a breeze.
I used a bit of Windex on the rim to help it a bit and the tire slid right into place. I had never used the tool before so decided to give it a bit of help - although probably not needed BGRIN

Rocky, thanks for the review! Like you, I take the wheels from modern bnikes to the dealer.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom