Batterie PNL20 Batterie Au Lithium 12 V 600 A

Local time
Today, 07:05
First Name
Christian
My Ride
T bird 1700LT
Bonjour,
Je viens de changer ma batterie pour une NOCO PNL20 achetée sur Amazon Les démarrages sont vraiment plus faciles et plus rapides.
Une seule cale est nécessaire pour rehausser la batterie. (elles sont fournies).

I had very poor success with the lithium Ion battery. I installed the recommended size in my Honda VTX 1300R. It worked well at 70F and above. However, one morning while in Big Bend National Park, Texas at 50F it acted like a battery almost dead. After the fourth try my VTX started. I continued to have that problem until the temperatures were back at 70+F.
I will never own another one again.

I installed two lithium batteries in my 2012 Tiger over a five year period. When the temps get below 60, I turn my key on for a minute or two so my lights are on without attempting to start. This activates the battery. I turn the key off and turn it back on again and start my bike with no problem. It does turn over a bit more slowly; but it starts with no problem. This technique works when the temperature is in the mid 30's.

The slow turning starter concerns me. It is an indication of low voltage which implies high amperage thus more heat in the windings leading to premature starter failure.

Two batteries in 5 years doesn't sound any better than AGM battery. Granted they are lighter and smaller. I keep a battery tender on mine when not in use with AGM lasting up to 5 years.

I know some people are big believers in them but they are not for me given my experience.

I only buy Lithium now, for customers and my own bikes, lighter, better starting and more reliable. but like anything don't buy the cheaper Chinese options.

Two batteries in 5 years doesn't sound any better than AGM battery. Granted they are lighter and smaller. I keep a battery tender on mine when not in use with AGM lasting up to 5 years.
I installed a brand new battery in September after five years. Unfortunately I totaled my bike the day after Thanksgiving.

the small weight saving of lith batts is not worth it IMO unless racing a sporty bike, just get a good AGM battery + keep it topped up with a charger unless riding often + they will last a loong time. my 13 Vic Hammer has the OE battery as do my newer 18 + 19 bonnies!!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom