Battery tethers.

The battery is “Platinum Series Megaboost CTX12-BS 12V10Ah 180CCA”. I couldn’t get it fully lifted out. I didn’t see any notation about it being a lithium battery. Is this just a standard battery or do I need to lift it out completely to check what it is?
I believe it is a sealed led acid battery. It is not a lithium battery.

I believe it is a sealed led acid battery. It is not a lithium battery.
I though so. Ok. That should help with the charger selection.

I suspect I’ll have to replace this cable anyway.

Why do you think that? That is an accessory cable for camera, gps, etc., or battery charger. That little block is a fuse holder; it is good to have fuse protection.

My one has the connector connected to the battery terminals and a lead that I have on the one side where the it just plugs in. What I like it had a cap that goes over the connector on the bike so when it is not connected it does not get wet or dirty while riding.

We have a similar cable on all four of our bikes/trikes. And we keep trickle chargers on them. I use the cable on my Tiger to connect my heated gloves on the those rare winter days when I need them.

Why do you think that? That is an accessory cable for camera, gps, etc., or battery charger. That little block is a fuse holder; it is good to have fuse protection.
Battery charger I suspect. I’ll probably switch it out with the one that will come with the charger I ordered. It looks like the protective cap is missing.

I think it's a charger pigtail too.
I would switch it out for the one that comes with your charger.

Battery charger I suspect. I’ll probably switch it out with the one that will come with the charger I ordered. It looks like the protective cap is missing.
Not just a charger; anything you want to plug into it...like heated gloves.

Not just a charger; anything you want to plug into it...like heated gloves.
I agree as long as the two connectors for the various items are universal and compatible.

New one hooked up. Just plugged it in and let it do it’s thing. It went through a series of light changes over several hours and overnight. Now with just the one green light on. Reading the instructions was a bit confusing. Finally just plugged it in to see what it does by itself.

Attachments

• 8926C5B6-3145-4E91-BF54-3CFBAED5A081.jpeg
    8926C5B6-3145-4E91-BF54-3CFBAED5A081.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 7648AA8B-8DD6-4102-89B7-1090C712D673.jpeg
    7648AA8B-8DD6-4102-89B7-1090C712D673.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 4854FFCF-BFEC-41D7-8DF5-AAE7767C9CE0.jpeg
    4854FFCF-BFEC-41D7-8DF5-AAE7767C9CE0.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 1
TUP that's what it does, cycle through several programs before it's finished charging. It's a great unit.
Keep the instructions handy for reference.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom