Beeline Navigation

GE-Minigun

Local time
Today, 01:20
My Ride
Thruxton RS
Is anyone running the Beeline navigation? From reading about it sounds like just what I’m looking for, however the reviews I’ve read seem to be in the middle…not great and not horrible, just looking for some advice from actual users. I normally waste my lunch time looking for new routes to take around my backyard and after setting up a map I have no way of saving it in google maps and even if I did, I do not know of a way to put them on the phone. Also, from reading it seems the phone is not the thing to use as the vibrations seem to kill the camera, but that’s another thread for another time. Again, from reading, it seems like that is how you set up a route with the Beeline. Thanks for the information.

I have the Beeline, but I haven't really used it, yet.

Is anyone running the Beeline navigation? From reading about it sounds like just what I’m looking for, however the reviews I’ve read seem to be in the middle…not great and not horrible, just looking for some advice from actual users. I normally waste my lunch time looking for new routes to take around my backyard and after setting up a map I have no way of saving it in google maps and even if I did, I do not know of a way to put them on the phone. Also, from reading it seems the phone is not the thing to use as the vibrations seem to kill the camera, but that’s another thread for another time. Again, from reading, it seems like that is how you set up a route with the Beeline. Thanks for the information.
I don't have a Beeline so I can't comment on it but like you have read and watched the reviews. I've been intrigued by it but just can't get myself to get one. Maybe if it had voice directions along with the Beeline I might. I have a Garmin 396 and have been using Garmin GPS's for years and at least for me have worked really well. While I do like the simplicity of the Beeline I think for me it's a little too streamlined. I like to be able to see the roads up ahead and be alerted to upcoming turns and to any road construction well in advance. I do think for a lot of riders the Beeline is a great device though.

The yearly question from my beloved wife "what can i gift you for Christmas" is usually answered "Your love darling". This year I surprised her with "A Beeline Moto would be great":y45:
That said, I cannot give you feedback now but look forward to this super simple navigation tool.

I don't have one and only just heard about it in your post so can't comment with personal experience but. . . It looks interesting but I like a map display of the surrounding area. I do like that there appears to be no voice commands with it. Might do some more research but for me I think I'll keep using Garmin.

If you go to the google map menu after you get your map set up the menu will give you the option to share the map. Copy the link and send it to your phone.

I backed when it was a Kickstarter campaign, works well in suburban roads. In dense urban areas or big cities I get very confused with the turn by turn navigation. Overall it is a very good, simplistic system.

I backed when it was a Kickstarter campaign, works well in suburban roads. In dense urban areas or big cities I get very confused with the turn by turn navigation. Overall it is a very good, simplistic system.
I did too. I also think it was designed for "touring," rather than navigating a city.

I started to use Beeline about 3 months ago. I initially had issues that were down to my phone being old and having no spare memory as it only had a capacity of 16GB. After I bought a new 64GB phone it worked great and I would recommend it highly. I find it so easy to set up a route, and to save routes. I generally select to avoid major roads and it then typically gives me a choice of 2 or 3 routes using A / B roads and side roads rather than motorways. I can then make changes to the route easily.
The directions it gives are clear, and if I take a wrong road or decide to deviate from the route it adapts quickly rather than sending me back as my car satnav does.
The only thing I would say is that the numerical indication for the turn to take at roundabouts is a bit small for my old eyes, but it does still give a fairly clear direction indication.

Just a couple of things to explain. Firstly I live in UK and so I don't know if it works as well in other countries. In my experience (and it's phone related, not beeline) it does drain the phone battery and for me lasts about 6 hours. I do though have a USB charger on the bike to boost the charge so it's not a problem. The actual Beeline lasts several days on one charge.
So go ahead and watch the you tube videos and decide.

I don't have it, but a mate of mine who does a wide variety of riding has one and loves it. He even uses it on his bicycle when he is out. He likes the variety of options depending on how goal oriented his riding is that day.
We're in the UK.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom