Anizoom

Riding for 33 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 16:41
First Name
Haley
My Ride
Thruxton 900
Hi, I want to remove my rear fender and cumbersome tail/break light and turn signals. I've read other forums and have some ideas, but would love some more. Thanks! ~Haley

sikatri

Local time
Yesterday, 18:41
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
I didn’t remove my fender, but replaced them and I did use a fender elimination kit to attach lights and a bracket for the license plate. Both items heavily modded. Motone and British Customs seem to make nice ones. It depends on what you are trying to achieve as a look. I have a thread here on my mod. Here’s the look I went for.6B814D21-9C91-4752-8278-B2E1BB3E6A49.jpegC23E7F46-A65F-4076-A52E-C3D13DF1A58D.jpeg
The fender delete serves as a convenient cable tray.

Luvolbikes

Riding for 56 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 16:41
First Name
John Fahlberg
My Ride
2020 Thruxton RS
I also plan to eliminate the factory fender when my Thruxton arrives, so I can benefit from the replies here. I would however like to have some kind of mud protection so I'm wondering if a small mud guard can be obtained or modified that would sit just above the tire mounted to the swing arm?

sikatri

Local time
Yesterday, 18:41
My Ride
2005 Triumph Thruxton 900
The fenders don’t go full length. They are essentially just under the seat. All of the fender elimination kits including mine covered the same area as the original fender. The kit is essentially a plate that covers that area and gives you about the same mud protection, except I would think a fender being lower and having some sides would give a bit more protection. I don’t think you would gain much by trying to rig a mud flap on the swing arm. There is some vertical protection between the wheel side and the engine in the form of the airbox.

Scalz

Riding for 43 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 19:41
First Name
John
My Ride
2016 Thruxton R
I went with the Maundspeed one for my 2016 TTR. Very robust product. I replaced bulbs in signal lights to LED for better visibility.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom