Trincinf

Riding for 1 Month
Local time
Yesterday, 22:16
First Name
Nicholas Trincia
My Ride
2017 T100
I purchased a brand new T100 in May, have not yet dropped it, and am scared to death to do so. The fear of dropping her prevents me from pushing the limits and really getting comfortable maneuvering the bike in tight situations (low speed uturns, msf exercises, etc.) I purchased crash bars and R&G exhaust protectors for it, but I want more protection than that. Does anyone have any suggestions on other protection gear that they have found successful? I am most worried about the exhaust and scratching that beautiful finish or even bending the exhaust.

any input on this topic would be great.

Last edited:

shanered6

Time for adventure
Riding for 43 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 03:16
First Name
shane llywarch
My Ride
2005 sprint st 1050
I think you need to trust your self a bit more and stop worrying so much ...... what you have done up to now bar raping it in cotton wool should protect from any slow fall or falling off the stand , any faster than that dosn't matter what you put on it it wont help that much damage will happen .
Get out and enjoy ridinding it and getting to know it better and less time worrying about what may never happen TUP

CarlS

Big Kahuna
Riding for 61 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Shane is spot on. Continue to ride your own ride and gain confidence. You are a new rider. Confidence will build the more you ride. Find some twisty roads and practice on them. If you can, find an expereinced rider and ride with him/her. Have him critque you and offer suggestions. You just need more riding experience.

Last edited:

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 27 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 23:16
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
I agree with what has been said. There is nothing like experience to boost your confidence so continue to ride and practice.
None of us were born knowing how to ride a motorcycle so all of us have been through the same thing to varying degrees.
Some of us are natural riders and some had to learn with practice and experience over time.
I don't know what you consider "pushing the limits", but that's not what safe riding is about to have fun. Learn to ride with confidence first and the rest will come.
There isn't much more you can do to protect the bike so it's really up to you to do your part.
Ride and practice. Good luck TUP

Trincinf

Riding for 1 Month
Local time
First Name
Nicholas Trincia
My Ride
2017 T100
I hear you guys loud and clear. I took the MSF basic course, passed with flying colors, and am having a blast. The bike is just so damn beautiful and perfect but want to do the motojitsu (check him out on youtube) drills and become a better rider. Thanks for the great advice, and getting me out of my own head. Now off to practice swerving, stopping, and cornering.

CarlS

Big Kahuna
Riding for 61 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
That is the right attitude! TUP

There are a few of us here who never had to to take the MSF course. We were grandfathered in because we were already riding when the course became mandatory We had to learn on our own from scratch..

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 27 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 23:16
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Nice to hear that you took the MSF course. Very smart move. You're well on your way. Have fun and be safe TUP

Top Bottom