Snakesfield

Riding for 45 Years
Local time
Today, 05:26
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
This is another reason for a center stand. But, I'll have to use a floor Jack to do it by myself and just make sure that I don't go very high. Just enough, to get the rear wheel off of the ground. So, that I can make sure the chain is not high in some places. Plus, if a friend isn't around to help. This works out petty good for lubing the chain also, for the poor man. Just not for oil changes though. For that, you need a buddy or as we've discussed this before, in other post.

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 27 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Today, 09:26
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
For me, center stands are vital!
Agree, I wouldn't be without one. They make maintenance and generally working on the bike so much easier.

Snakesfield

Riding for 45 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
I go through a lot of chain lube. So, I've been testing out different brands. Some say that they won't fly off, but that isn't always the case. So, I usually lube my chain, the night before a ride. After I lube up the chain real good. I wipe everything down and I wipe off the rim, the spokes, and the tire. So I just bought this new chain lube, that I've never used before. But, it's rated really high. So, I bought it off amazon, even though it's kind of high in price. But, if it saves my chain and my sprocket in the long run, then it's worth the price to me. It's called : Honda Pro Chain Lube With White Graphite. It cost around 15.00 bucks for a 12 oz spray can. But everything I've read about it, is very good. I'm just waiting for it to show up. Then, I'll give everybody my own review of it. But, I like the idea of using white graphite with my chain lube. It just seems to make since. I fill, that I shouldn't have to put it on, every night before a ride the next day. This stuff is supposed to stay on for quit, a while. So you don't have to use it as much. I use Amsoil chain lube as my favorite, which is a very good product also. But I have to order it, and with this stuff, you can find it, pretty much anywhere, I understand. Since, I still have some chain lube left. I just decided to order it from Amazon, instead of going to the Auto store or Walmart, or a Honda dealer to get it. But next time, if this stuff is as good, as they say it is. I'll just buy it at my local Walmart or Target store and save myself some money.

Snakesfield

Riding for 45 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
I just got it today and I have to go to Sonora from Turlock, on Saturday. To sign some more paperwork and I'm taking my bike. So I'm going to put it on the night, before the ride. I usually put chain lube on everytime I go for a ride, the night before the ride. Especially, if I'm going to be out longer than a couple of hours. This stuff is supposed to last a long time too, at high and low temps. It's also supposed to be weather resistant. If so, I should be able to get a couple of rides out of her. Before I have to lube that chain again. Will see how it does and I'll report back. I do like the idea of using White Grafite in with my chain lube though. I think it's a good idea anyway and it's not supposed to fling off either. Honda does make good products. But we shall see how good it really is, though.

Snakesfield

Riding for 45 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
I put that new chain lube on tonight, for tomorrow's ride and so far, as I was spaying it on, none of it dripped onto the garage floor and it sprayed on real nice and evenly too. So, I'll get back in a couple of days to give my own review of the stuff. But so far, so good. But we shall see?

Snakesfield

Riding for 45 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
My review on the chain lube. This is the best chain lube that have ever used so far. it stayed on and after that long ride yesterday, I won't have to put on anymore either, for at lest two more long rides. I highly recommend this product. This is my new chain lube, that I'm going to use from now on. Until something better comes along. Once again, this is a really great product and I highly recommend it.

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 27 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Good to hear it works well TUP

CarlS

Big Kahuna
Riding for 61 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 08:26
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
My review on the chain lube. This is the best chain lube that have ever used so far. it stayed on and after that long ride yesterday, I won't have to put on anymore either, for at lest two more long rides. I highly recommend this product. This is my new chain lube, that I'm going to use from now on. Until something better comes along. Once again, this is a really great product and I highly recommend it.
Thank you very much for the review. TUP

Snakesfield

Riding for 45 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
I really like this Honda chain lube so much, that I bought two more cans of it, just to have on hand. Also, since I've bought it . I still have a lot of it in the can still. It doesn't take very much and a little goes a long way. Once again, this is a very good product, that's made by Honda.

Snakesfield

Riding for 45 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
I forgot to say, that once you put it on. Give it about fifteen minutes to dry and you're good to go for at least, a couple of days of hard riding. Before, you need to reapply it. It also stays on in the rain too.

Snakesfield

Riding for 45 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
I figured I should put up a picture of myself up, instead of that big S. Much more friendlier.
Anyway, I'm going for a short ride. Have a great day folks.

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 27 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Now you're just showing off how handsome you are BGRIN
Good pic.

Snakesfield

Riding for 45 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
I don't look to bad, for as old as I am. Good genes I guess, along with good clean living.

Snakesfield

Riding for 45 Years
Local time
First Name
Rick
My Ride
2018 Triumph Bobber
I really like that chain lube a lot. I just bought two more cans of it, even though I have plenty of it left in the can. I figured it would be good to always have extra chain lube on hand. Plus, I was at the Honda dealers yesterday. To pick up a couple of their other things of theirs, that I like to use and I saw the chain lube behind the counter on the shelf. So, I said to myself why not pick up a couple of cans, since your here. Just to have on hand. it's like having an extra quirt, of oil around. You never know when you just might just need it, Then when you do, you'll have it. I always like to stay on top of my maintenance. That way, I figure that if I take good care of her, then she'll take good care of me. I'm getting ready to go for a ride. I'll chat with everybody later, I'm heading out the door.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Top Bottom