tayamaj

Riding for 24 Years
Local time
Today, 07:50
First Name
Jeff
My Ride
2020 Bonneville Bobber Ironstone
This might have been discussed already, but I've searched on the web, have the service manual as well, but for the life of me, I can't adjust the rear shock. I have a couple different spanner tools and they don't seem to hook on to the shock. The manual says there's an adjustment tool, but what is the adjustment tool they give you? is it the small tool thing with torx (side and something else on the other side).
When searching, people have mentioned a hole somewhere that you can insert an L-shaped allen wrench (or similar), but I don't see a hole anywhere to insert, unless it's on the underside of the shock where'm I can't see it. Also, with regard to the hole to insert a tool, it seems those comments were more for other Triumph models and not the Bobber. SO, any help would be appreciated. I wanted to soften the pre-load, as I'm 140 lbs.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Xavier

Riding for 42 Years
Local time
Today, 04:50
First Name
Xavier
My Ride
2012 Triumph Thunderbird Storm w/ ABS
This might have been discussed already, but I've searched on the web, have the service manual as well, but for the life of me, I can't adjust the rear shock. I have a couple different spanner tools and they don't seem to hook on to the shock. The manual says there's an adjustment tool, but what is the adjustment tool they give you? is it the small tool thing with torx (side and something else on the other side).
When searching, people have mentioned a hole somewhere that you can insert an L-shaped allen wrench (or similar), but I don't see a hole anywhere to insert, unless it's on the underside of the shock where'm I can't see it. Also, with regard to the hole to insert a tool, it seems those comments were more for other Triumph models and not the Bobber. SO, any help would be appreciated. I wanted to soften the pre-load, as I'm 140 lbs.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ask the local dealer. I tried to adjust a storm shock with a non OEM tool ( a screwdriver in one of the holes) and all it did was tear the metal housing of the shock. Local dealers will be very friendly

tayamaj

Riding for 24 Years
Local time
Today, 07:50
First Name
Jeff
My Ride
2020 Bonneville Bobber Ironstone
Ask the local dealer. I tried to adjust a storm shock with a non OEM tool ( a screwdriver in one of the holes) and all it did was tear the metal housing of the shock. Local dealers will be very friendly
Cool, thanks!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom