Brake Lines

Paul Hardy

Local time
Today, 14:29
First Name
Paul
My Ride
1995 Triumph Thunderbird 900
Always felt the front brake operation on my TB front brake was a bit spongy or soft the PO who was a very experiance rider suggested that “Triumph brakes are a bit like that”. However I know that Yamaha specified thier (non-braided lines) should be replaced every 4 years. The brake lines on my bike looked original . Speaking to my local mechanic he confirmed this and as luck would have it he had a braided line in stock for my bike. So we fitted it there and then and it made a huge difference lever a lot harder and braking more responsive. The only regret is that I did not keep the old one to cut open and check out it condition but I recon the sponginess was from the old rubber losing it strength over time. Anyway I have also order a rear line, as I am sure that is original as well. Something to think about anyway.

triumph david

Riding for 60 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 23:29
First Name
david
My Ride
1976 t140 Triumph, 2006 Road King, 1982 Honda CB 900 C, 1973 Yamaha 360 Enduro, 1972 Corbin
Good move, we have to remember that things wear out over time, some of me is worn out, its a bitch when that happens.

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 28 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Today, 01:29
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom