Brand New America

Try this test, pull the spark plug wires off where it will not crank, hook your ohm meter to the battery crank over the engine keep turning over the engine for about 15 or 20 seconds, cut the key off and watch to see if the ohm meter needle moves back up toward 12v. If the needle drops below 9v +or- the starter or a connection may be at fault, if the batt doesn't move back toward 12v and then finally gets close to or at 12v the batt may be bad, weak, to small ( not high enough cranking amps). This test will only give you a idea of how your electrics are working, not to isolate a problem, unless of coarse the meter falls off drastically all of a sudden. This is a test taught in automotive class for years and will only ideas of where to further search for problems. I also meant to say you may want to try this test at different stages of battery strength. Good luck

a little while a ago, I tried using the trickle charger while I was at work for about 8 hours. I was able to get home fine. The next morning. Dead. Decided to jump it. Got it to work. Rode around for a few minutes. Wouldn’t start after turning off.

Called a different dealer to see if they had a battery. Picked it up, brought it home, charged it over night. Ever since then I haven’t jump started it.

I think the original dealer didn’t want to take the hit of a bad battery. No ideas. Should’ve been under warranty, they should’ve just replaced it.

Everything is groovy! Now onto simple mods!

Good to hear you got it sorted out. Dealers like the original one should rightly drive themselves out of business.

That was just plain wrong how they treated you. They deserve to go out of business.

The average life span of a battery in Socal is two years and if yours was 4 years old. . .

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom