Redcoat

Riding for 44 Years
Local time
Today, 08:42
First Name
Gary
My Ride
2018 Tiger 1200 XRT
Hoping to buy a used 2018 1200 XRT next week (it's being shipped down from Chicago). The bike has 11,640 miles and some good accessories for value add (crash bars and luggage for starters). Having done a pretty thorough review search online, for the most part, it seems like a really good year and bike in general. So, I'm wondering if there is anything I'm missing, or this version and year is as advertised? Can anyone offer any insight or stories to share?
Cheers,

Qship

Riding for 42 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 09:42
First Name
Steve
My Ride
'17 Tiger Explorer XRT
First year of keyless ignition. Some are problematic.
They can cook the lower extremities in traffic on hot days if you haven't already read up on that. Great fun bikes that can handle the superslab and twisties alike with a little dirt mixed in if you want.

Redcoat

Riding for 44 Years
Local time
First Name
Gary
My Ride
2018 Tiger 1200 XRT
First year of keyless ignition. Some are problematic.
They can cook the lower extremities in traffic on hot days if you haven't already read up on that. Great fun bikes that can handle the superslab and twisties alike with a little dirt mixed in if you want.
Thanks mate. Nope, not aware of the initial keyless issue. Or the lower extremities issue. Good to know. I'll do some more digging.
Cheers,

Redcoat

Riding for 44 Years
Local time
First Name
Gary
My Ride
2018 Tiger 1200 XRT
Hoping to buy a used 2018 1200 XRT next week (it's being shipped down from Chicago). The bike has 11,640 miles and some good accessories for value add (crash bars and luggage for starters). Having done a pretty thorough review search online, for the most part, it seems like a really good year and bike in general. So, I'm wondering if there is anything I'm missing, or this version and year is as advertised? Can anyone offer any insight or stories to share?
Cheers,
Quick update - I found a 2023 'still in the crate' Baja Orange 850 Sport yesterday. I pulled the trigger, and this is my new ride - well will be on Tuesday once they have built the bike. I think this is the perfect 're-entry' bike to get me back into ownership. Then maybe in the future I will trade up to the 1200. Happy riding!

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom