Can Bobber Clock Be Set To AM/PM Format?

SouthBaltoDavid

Local time
Today, 02:22
First Name
David
My Ride
2022 Bonneville Bobber
Does anyone know if the clock on my 2022 Bobber can be set to display AM/PM format instead of 24 hr and if so, how to do that? Unless I'm overlooking something, the manual doesn't say anything about it. I realize that probably means it can only display 24 hr format but since it really bugs me, I thought it was worth throwing the question out there just in case. Thx!

Just checked the manual for my 16 Thruxton . No mention of changing from one time format to another and it’s always been on 24 hr mode .

I just sent an email to Triumph support <tma.aftersales@triumphmotorcycles.com> asking them that very question.

"Hello,

Can the clock display on the Bobber, or any other Triumph motorcycle for that matter, be changed from one format to another? Currently I would like to change from 24Hr time to AM/PM time."

I will let you know their response.

The response:

"Stephen,

Thank you for reaching out to Triumph Motorcycles America. The clock cannot be changed from the 24hr setting. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

-Triumph Motorcycles America"

The response:

"Stephen,

Thank you for reaching out to Triumph Motorcycles America. The clock cannot be changed from the 24hr setting. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

-Triumph Motorcycles America"
Thank you for looking into that for both of us, although I don't like the answer. That's an annoying design choice to use the 24 clock format exclusively if you ask me!

Thank you for looking into that for both of us, although I don't like the answer. That's an annoying design choice to use the 24 clock format exclusively if you ask me!
Can't argue with you on that.

Just checked the manual for my 16 Thruxton . No mention of changing from one time format to another and it’s always been on 24 hr mode .
2017 T120, yes
2016 T120 no
I think that they can change that with programming at your garage possibly but they have to have the software not sure about that!

My '12 America's manual got silly on resetting the clock. So I did my own by just pressing and all that until I got what I wanted. Ran in to this on my BMW also...'factory' said it couldn't be done. But I did it.

Anyway, here's my 'simple' version:

Triumph America, Clock Reset

To set the clock, turn the ignition to the ON position. Press and release the reset button

until the clock is visible in the display screen. Press and hold the reset button for

4 seconds. After 4 seconds either 24 Hr or 12 Hr will be shown flashing. Press and

release the reset button to select the desired clock display. When the correct display is

shown, do not touch the reset button until the clock is shown with the hour display

flashing.

To reset the hour display, ensure that the hour display is still flashing. Press the reset

button to change the setting. Each individual button press will change the setting by one

digit. If the button is held, the display will continuously scroll through in single digit

increments.

When the correct hour display is shown, do not touch the reset button for 6 seconds. The

minutes display will begin to flash automatically. The minutes display is adjusted

in the same way as for the hours.

Once both hours and minutes are correctly set, do not touch the reset button for

6 seconds and the display will cease to flash automatically.

Hope this helps.....

I hope that works for the Bobber. Just goes to show that software engineers often do things that the support people aren't aware of.

If someone makes this work , please let us know…

Interesting. Personally I like 24 hour formats and generally change devices to it. It might be a more european perspective. I got very used to it living in Finland for 10 years.

My '12 America's manual got silly on resetting the clock. So I did my own by just pressing and all that until I got what I wanted. Ran in to this on my BMW also...'factory' said it couldn't be done. But I did it.

Anyway, here's my 'simple' version:

Triumph America, Clock Reset

To set the clock, turn the ignition to the ON position. Press and release the reset button

until the clock is visible in the display screen. Press and hold the reset button for

4 seconds. After 4 seconds either 24 Hr or 12 Hr will be shown flashing. Press and

release the reset button to select the desired clock display. When the correct display is

shown, do not touch the reset button until the clock is shown with the hour display

flashing.

To reset the hour display, ensure that the hour display is still flashing. Press the reset

button to change the setting. Each individual button press will change the setting by one

digit. If the button is held, the display will continuously scroll through in single digit

increments.

When the correct hour display is shown, do not touch the reset button for 6 seconds. The

minutes display will begin to flash automatically. The minutes display is adjusted

in the same way as for the hours.

Once both hours and minutes are correctly set, do not touch the reset button for

6 seconds and the display will cease to flash automatically.

Hope this helps.....
Excellent! Will give this a try

I've tried the instructions shared by Americarider earlier in this thread as well as everything else I can think of on my new (2022) Bobber, and haven't had any success changing it to the AM/PM format. If anyone has been able to change any recent year Bonneville clock from one format to the other, please document the exact steps that worked for you and share them with everyone.

Thanks,
SouthBaltoDavid

I've tried the instructions shared by Americarider earlier in this thread as well as everything else I can think of on my new (2022) Bobber, and haven't had any success changing it to the AM/PM format. If anyone has been able to change any recent year Bonneville clock from one format to the other, please document the exact steps that worked for you and share them with everyone.

Thanks,
SouthBaltoDavid
This is on page 33 of the downloadable Bobber/Speedmaster manual (too large to attach sorry), hope it has what you need:

" To reset the clock:
• Select the clock display.
• Press and hold the SCROLL button
for one second, the clock’s hour
display will start to flash. Release
the SCROLL button.
To reset the hour display:
• Make sure the hour display is still
flashing then press and release the
SCROLL button to change the
setting. Each individual button
press will change the setting by
one digit.
• When the correct hour display is
shown, press and hold the SCROLL
button for one second. The hours
display is set and the minutes
display will begin to flash. The
minutes display is adjusted in the
same way as for the hour display.
• Once both hours and minutes are
correctly set, press the SCROLL
button for one second and the
display will cease to flash"

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom