Riding for 21 Years
Local time
Today, 15:05
First Name
Jimmy
My Ride
2006 Triumph America
Hi all,
My 2006 triumph appears to be dropping a cylinder and has progressively got worse over the last 3 months.
It starts and runs good for the first few klms.The left cylinder then drops out and intermittently comes back when it feels like it.( pretty dangerous)
So far i have tested all plugs leads and coils.i have replaced all connections,had carbs cleaned and new jets put in.

Im leaning towards a faulty cdi box ignitor unit.Seems common when doing my research.

Can anyone help with their thoughts and where is the best ,reasonably priced place to get these units.i have asked numerous wreckers in oz but had no luck so far.

Thanks
Ryan

aussiebonn

Local time
My Ride
02 america
Hi ryan, my 02 america did the same thing its the ignitor genuine cost me $800 aust a few yrs ago pro com had one for $270 i ordered genuine and got pro com to keep riding now use pro com as a spare . cheers

aussiebonn

Local time
My Ride
02 america
triumph performance parts are in melb re: pro com. cheers again

Ryan01

Riding for 21 Years
Local time
First Name
Jimmy
My Ride
2006 Triumph America
Hi ryan, my 02 america did the same thing its the ignitor genuine cost me $800 aust a few yrs ago pro com had one for $270 i ordered genuine and got pro com to keep riding now use pro com as a spare . cheers
Great,thanks for the reply.
I have oredered the pro com and waiting on delivery. I believe this comes with 8 or so settings.Did you need to program it or adjust at all??

Phoelix1

Riding for 44 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 23:05
First Name
Mark
My Ride
2016 TBA LT
Great,thanks for the reply.
I have oredered the pro com and waiting on delivery. I believe this comes with 8 or so settings.Did you need to program it or adjust at all??
Instructions will tell you how. Very easy.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom