focal_plane

Riding for 46 Years
Local time
Today, 00:04
First Name
Jonathan
My Ride
2009 Triumph America
Was looking for recommendations for center stands. Tec Bike Parts show up in search. Has anyone installed these?

DirtieGirtie

Riding for 27 Years
Local time
Today, 02:04
First Name
Don
My Ride
2012 Yamaha Raider
2005 Triumph America
Was looking for recommendations for center stands. Tec Bike Parts show up in search. Has anyone installed these?

I have not, but that is the one I was looking at. Then I realized the only time I would use it would be to clean and lube the chain... and I could just use my $69 harbor freight bike lift to do that. This is the one I got two years back...
It goes on sale quite frequently. If you sign up for the email coupons I'm sure you'll find it dip under $80 in the next two months. I've had my 800 lb Raider on it so I'm sure the America will be fine.

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 62 Years
Staff
Local time
Today, 02:04
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
I have not, but that is the one I was looking at. Then I realized the only time I would use it would be to clean and lube the chain... and I could just use my $69 harbor freight bike lift to do that. This is the one I got two years back...
It goes on sale quite frequently. If you sign up for the email coupons I'm sure you'll find it dip under $80 in the next two months. I've had my 800 lb Raider on it so I'm sure the America will be fine.
That is okay and definitely works well. But not a on road trip.

focal_plane

Riding for 46 Years
Local time
Today, 00:04
First Name
Jonathan
My Ride
2009 Triumph America
Follow up: I did the install in last month (Nov 2020). Pretty straightforward install, works as expected.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom