Riding for 62 Years
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 19:27
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
Saturday, April 10th dawned partly cloudy and pleasantly cool. Perfect weather for an MSTA lunch ride to the 3 Bananas located on beautiful Lake Crescent in Crescent City. Three of us met in Altamonte Springs for a leisurely 65 mile/104.6 kilometers ride north on scenic US 17 to Crescent City. From Ponce de Leon Springs north, US 17 is two lanes with light to moderate traffic.

Eleven riders gathered at the 3 Bananas. We sat on the porch in the shade with a nice breeze. The food was good, the comradery great and the atmosphere relaxing. T

For the return trip, our group chose a backroad that paralleled US 17 and the CSX railroad tracks taking us through the woods. We rejoined US 17 in Ponce de Leon Springs. It was a beautiful day for a ride. I rode a total of 132 miles/212.4 kilometers.

Capture.JPGS1.jpgS2.jpgS3.jpgS4.jpgS5.jpg

Rocky

Still Rocking
Riding for 29 Years
Administrator
Staff
Local time
Yesterday, 20:27
First Name
Rocky
My Ride
2006 T100 Bonneville
I love seeing your ride pictures TUP TUP

keystiger

The Joker
Riding for 42 Years
Local time
Yesterday, 18:27
First Name
Adrian
My Ride
2005 Triumph Tiger, British Racing Green--the fastest color
looks like another great run!!!!!

Linkdog

Riding for 13 Years
Local time
First Name
Kevin
My Ride
2010 Thunderbird 1600
No trip this morning Carl, from Groveland it was a beautiful launch. Just like a night launch but better, as the rocket gained altitude in the darkness it came to a point where the angle of the sun shone on the smoke trail and lit it up. I've seen a lot of launches but not like that one.

CarlS

Charter Member #3
Riding for 62 Years
Staff
Local time
First Name
Carl
My Ride
12 Tiger 800 XC
No trip this morning Carl, from Groveland it was a beautiful launch. Just like a night launch but better, as the rocket gained altitude in the darkness it came to a point where the angle of the sun shone on the smoke trail and lit it up. I've seen a lot of launches but not like that one.
It was one of the most awesome launches I have ever seen. I did ride over to Titusville for the launch. I will start a thread and post my pics.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Top Bottom