Staff
Local time
Today, 00:49
First Name
Carl
My Ride
2020 Bonneville T120 Black
Riding Since
Woody’s River Roo is always a great destination. Located on the Manatee River, the view is awesome, food is good and service is excellent. Saturday proved to be a great day for ride. Three of us gathered in Altamonte Springs for an 08:15 AM departure. The temp was 67 F/19 C.

I4 was not crowded at all that time of the morning. Traffic was moving well. We chose to exit I4 at the Lake Alfred exit picking up US 17 in Lake Alfred. In Ft Meade we took backroads with almost no traffic to US 301 in Parrish. From Parrish it was a short ride to Woody’s. We arrived at 11:10 AM and found nine MSTA rider waiting. We were ahead of the noon rush and Had our pick of tables.

Sixteen MSTA riders occupied two tables right on the river front. We were outside and in the shade with a pleasant breeze. We enjoyed good food and lots of good fellowship. It was great to see old friend and make new friends. Keys Tiger was able to make this ride and ride part way home with us. It was really good see him.

For the ride home, our little group chose back roads to avoid I4 through Orlando. We traveled a total of 271 miles/436 kilometers in beautiful, clear weather. A really fine outing.

Our route south
Capture.JPG

Our return route
Capture.2.JPG

20210327_121610.jpg20210327_121618.jpg20210327_121626.jpg20210327_125019.jpg20210327_125438_01.jpg
20210327_125457_03.jpg

You're getting in some really nice riding and going to cool places TUP TUP

Woody’s River Roo is always a great destination. Located on the Manatee River, the view is awesome, food is good and service is excellent. Saturday proved to be a great day for ride. Three of us gathered in Altamonte Springs for an 08:15 AM departure. The temp was 67 F/19 C.

I4 was not crowded at all that time of the morning. Traffic was moving well. We chose to exit I4 at the Lake Alfred exit picking up US 17 in Lake Alfred. In Ft Meade we took backroads with almost no traffic to US 301 in Parrish. From Parrish it was a short ride to Woody’s. We arrived at 11:10 AM and found nine MSTA rider waiting. We were ahead of the noon rush and Had our pick of tables.

Sixteen MSTA riders occupied two tables right on the river front. We were outside and in the shade with a pleasant breeze. We enjoyed good food and lots of good fellowship. It was great to see old friend and make new friends. Keys Tiger was able to make this ride and ride part way home with us. It was really good see him.

For the ride home, our little group chose back roads to avoid I4 through Orlando. We traveled a total of 271 miles/436 kilometers in beautiful, clear weather. A really fine outing.

Our route south
View attachment 49455

Our return route
View attachment 49456

View attachment 49459View attachment 49460View attachment 49461View attachment 49462View attachment 49463
View attachment 49464

The neighbor and I hit the road last week to celebrate a record setting temperature at St Peter’s Prince Edward Island where it reached 16 C . Lots of sand on the roads ,especially at the intersections, but a big rain last night probably helped that a lot . Stopped at North Lake Harbour and there was some ice in the Gulf so decided to collect the proof . Here it is ...

Attachments

• 8EA48BEF-C69B-468C-9CE0-4DB476D9BBC6.jpeg
    8EA48BEF-C69B-468C-9CE0-4DB476D9BBC6.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 1FFA423C-B5EF-47F2-B30C-0EDBAB30D130.jpeg
    1FFA423C-B5EF-47F2-B30C-0EDBAB30D130.jpeg
    211.5 KB · Views: 5
Nice ride and a great destination by the looks of it.
Glad keystiger got out for a feed and some two wheeled therapy as well.
No mention of key lime pie this time. Trying to spare me the torture? Our local Costco has some in the frozen food section. Wonder if it would be even close to the good stuff you guys get down there?

The neighbor and I hit the road last week to celebrate a record setting temperature at St Peter’s Prince Edward Island where it reached 16 C . Lots of sand on the roads ,especially at the intersections, but a big rain last night probably helped that a lot . Stopped at North Lake Harbour and there was some ice in the Gulf so decided to collect the proof . Here it is ...
Glad you got a ride in. Nice pics. TUP

Nice ride and a great destination by the looks of it.
Glad keystiger got out for a feed and some two wheeled therapy as well.
No mention of key lime pie this time. Trying to spare me the torture? Our local Costco has some in the frozen food section. Wonder if it would be even close to the good stuff you guys get down there?
Thanks, Q. It was a nice destination. I did not have any dessert; I was too full from from my blackened grouper sandwich and fries. Mabel and I occassionally buy a frozen key lime pie, Depending on the brand, they are good. Give it a try.

a frozen key lime pie, Depending on the brand, they are good. Give it a try.
Schwan's sells/makes a very good Key Lime pie.

I caught this cat taking pictures..................................
he claims of bikes....but it might have been bikinis ;) Great to see and be seen. Always a good time when Carl leads the ride!
Great weather great food great friends.....what else does one need?

Attachments

• carl.jpg
    carl.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 4
Schwan's sells/makes a very good Key Lime pie.
I lived in the Keys for 10 years.......... Schwans .........uhm, no
w/ all due respect (and I have done thousands of taste tests) this is the SHIZZLE

I caught this cat taking pictures..................................
he claims of bikes....but it might have been bikinis ;) Great to see and be seen. Always a good time when Carl leads the ride!
Great weather great food great friends.....what else does one need?
He caught me being productive! TUP

Manatee County... my old stompin' grounds!
I moved away from Bradenton about 11 years ago to VA.
Ellenton used to have the "Roaring 20's Pizza & Pipes" with a 1920's Wurlitzer organ that filled a gymnasium sized room.
Sadly, the last time we visited the area, it was gone.

Ellenton used to have the "Roaring 20's Pizza & Pipes" with a 1920's Wurlitzer organ that filled a gymnasium sized room.
I had forgotten all about that. Thank you for the memory! TUP

Man Bird need to come back for a visit!!

Be careful Carl, the last time I saw Keys I had to have surgery shortly afterwards. . . . :y38:
BLINDED BY MY AIRCRAFT LANDING LIGHTS....er ......"fog lights" lol

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom