SeanNieuwoudt

Local time
Today, 07:17
First Name
Seqn
My Ride
Triumph Tiger 800 XC
Hi all,

I'm new here and look forward to the great posts being made.

I recently bought a 2013 Tiger XC800 and I have a slight issue that I'm hoping someone could give me guidance on.

In low gear at low speed and power, I get a very loud chain slapping effect. The chain seems to be hitting the arm or its housing. It's actually broken the plastic chain guard right off.

Is this a sign of the chain being loose or something else more serious. ? Only happens in 2nd or 3rd gear at low power - like coming out of corner or traffic circle.

Any help appreciated.

Hello and welcome.
The Tiger guys will have to step in on this, but I think it sounds like a very loose chain - possibly a wheel not aligned. (??)

I thought it was a loose chain tbh, but from inspection it seems to be ok - sprocket isn't worn either. I'm coming from Ducati's so my experience has be nervous that it could be something else more critical.

Last edited:
I thought it was a loose chain tbh, but from inspection it seems to be ok - sprocket isn't work either. I'm coming from Ducati's so my experience has be nervous that it could be something else more critical.
I don't understand "sprocket isn't work either." Typo?

I would first check the chain adjustment by the book, just exactly like the owners manual says. If that is not the problem, check your alignment. I have a '12 Tiger 800XC and in 40,000 miles/64,374 kilometers have never experienced what you have experienced.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom