Changing Front Sprocket On An Tiger 850 Sport

Spock

Local time
Today, 16:40
First Name
Joseph
My Ride
Currently, Indian Challenger
I love my Tiger 850 Sport. I ride exclusively on the road, and that will always be the case. I wish the gearing was a little longer. Has anyone changed the front spocket, and did you like the results? What tooth count did you go to, and was it an easy job, or did you have it done at the shop? Thanks so much for your feedback.

I have a 2010 T100 Bonneville. It comes stock with a front drive sprocket of 18 teeth, and a rear drive sprocket of 43 teeth. At highway speeds it was too buzzy for my taste. So I changed the front sprocket to 19 teeth and the rear sprocket to 36 teeth. What a difference. At 70mph in 5th gear on the Interstate my RPM's = 3312. This compares to 4175 RPMs in 5th gear for stock configuration. You can go to www.gearingcommander.com and do your own calculations. I bought my rear sprocket from eBay (Vortex 526-36 36 T 525 Aluminum Rear Sprocket Silver | eBay). Here is the URL for the 19 tooth front drive sprocket (SUPERLITE (#88600R) 525 Pitch Chromoly-Steel Front Sprocket - TRIUMPH - SprocketCenter.com). Good luck.

I have a 2010 T100 Bonneville. It comes stock with a front drive sprocket of 18 teeth, and a rear drive sprocket of 43 teeth. At highway speeds it was too buzzy for my taste. So I changed the front sprocket to 19 teeth and the rear sprocket to 36 teeth. What a difference. At 70mph in 5th gear on the Interstate my RPM's = 3312. This compares to 4175 RPMs in 5th gear for stock configuration. You can go to www.gearingcommander.com and do your own calculations. I bought my rear sprocket from eBay (Vortex 526-36 36 T 525 Aluminum Rear Sprocket Silver | eBay). Here is the URL for the 19 tooth front drive sprocket (SUPERLITE (#88600R) 525 Pitch Chromoly-Steel Front Sprocket - TRIUMPH - SprocketCenter.com). Good luck.
Thanks for the specific, detailed information... so helpful. Glad you're happy with the change. Sounds like what I'm looking for.

I love my Tiger 850 Sport. I ride exclusively on the road, and that will always be the case. I wish the gearing was a little longer. Has anyone changed the front spocket, and did you like the results? What tooth count did you go to, and was it an easy job, or did you have it done at the shop? Thanks so much for your feedback.
I have the Sport also . Changed the front up to a 17 tooth at the first oil change / inspection around 1 K km . The JT rubber dampened model is inexpensive and easily available .
I have done this to my two other Triumphs and it’s basically a no brainer modification . The 850 will pull the extra gear with ease and it helps a little with the cursed vibration problem , the biggest most sickening issue that is ruining the whole experience .

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom